• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey preseason week 1 grade

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, RJK said:

i wouldn't get too between the tackles happy. can he do it? yeah probably. but his body won't hold up if it becomes common

Oh lord. I really want to know how many of you actually watched his college tape when you say he can't run between the tackles.

From his draft class, he's probably the best between the tackles runner from his class. His vision and feel is amazing. For those who actually watched his tape (I have) , he won't have a problem.

Apparently, most people think running between the tackles means going in a straight line and running people over. It has been proven over and over again that there are other ways to do it. Just go back and look at some Warrick Dunn, Curtis Martin, and Barry Sanders footage. They were small RB's who could run between the tackles with the best of them. There are more, but those were some of the best that ever laced them up.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

You haven't lived until you have seen a Hurndog contract.

I've lived thru enough of those already, thank you.

Jake/DWill/JStew/CJ

oh and the Peppers debacle that made the J-No situation look like a preseason roster cut.

....and the draft day trades

....and the constant cap problems

....and the dead period of the calendar known as free agency

....and the, ah forget it, you get the point.

in college (especially that conference) he wasn't getting piled on by 300+ pounders like he will be in the nfl. like i said he can get away with some of it but if he's taking 10 carries a game between the tackles it's just a matter of time before his body breaks down from the pounding or some 300 + DT falls onto his legs.

12 hours ago, RJK said:

in college (especially that conference) he wasn't getting piled on by 300+ pounders like he will be in the nfl. like i said he can get away with some of it but if he's taking 10 carries a game between the tackles it's just a matter of time before his body breaks down from the pounding or some 300 + DT falls onto his legs.

Right because USC, Washington, and UCLA don't have any 300 pound DT's on their rosters. They all come to the NFL and gain 50lbs before they can play.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:45 PM, Jon Snow said:

He's not short, just vertically challenged.

the average height for a man in the USA is somewhere between 5'9'' and 6'0'' , he's not short by national averages anyway. Even as a RB in general the protypical height is  5'10'' to 6'1'' and hes right in that range. 

Hes very well built , and his arms/legs are pretty big. Maybe his mid-section is not super bulky but he's very lean and muscular.  The only thing he doesn't have is the weight of a typical bellcow like Ezekiel Elliot at 225 , but McCaffrey is much more simular in playing style to LeSean McCoy (210 lbs) , Curtis Martin (210 lbs) , Marshall Faulk (211 lbs). McCaffrey is 205 so he's only 5-6 lbs lighter than these HoF caliber elusive backs. Hell Warrick Dunn, Barry Sanders, Tiki Barber, Walter Payton, all RBs who were either 200 lbs or less. This notion that he's "too small" is just completely bs. You dont have to be a  6'1''  220lb + dude to be a great RB. 

And I think , he'll probably gain 5-10 lbs in his fist couple years or so just being on an NFL diet and weight routine. He's already gained 3 lbs before the season even started, as he was listed at 203 at the combine and now officially listed at 205. You can't forget speed is a huge part of McCaffrey (and a player like LeSean McCoy's) game and you probably wouldn't want him getting anything over 220 to keep his evasiveness. 

46 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

the average height for a man in the USA is somewhere between 5'9'' and 6'0'' , he's not short by national averages anyway. Even as a RB in general the protypical height is  5'10'' to 6'1'' and hes right in that range. 

Hes very well built , and his arms/legs are pretty big. Maybe his mid-section is not super bulky but he's very lean and muscular.  The only thing he doesn't have is the weight of a typical bellcow like Ezekiel Elliot at 225 , but McCaffrey is much more simular in playing style to LeSean McCoy (210 lbs) , Curtis Martin (210 lbs) , Marshall Faulk (211 lbs). McCaffrey is 205 so he's only 5-6 lbs lighter than these HoF caliber elusive backs. Hell Warrick Dunn, Barry Sanders, Tiki Barber, Walter Payton, all RBs who were either 200 lbs or less. This notion that he's "too small" is just completely bs. You dont have to be a  6'1''  220lb + dude to be a great RB. 

And I think , he'll probably gain 5-10 lbs in his fist couple years or so just being on an NFL diet and weight routine. He's already gained 3 lbs before the season even started, as he was listed at 203 at the combine and now officially listed at 205. You can't forget speed is a huge part of McCaffrey (and a player like LeSean McCoy's) game and you probably wouldn't want him getting anything over 220 to keep his evasiveness. 

It was a joke man.

On 8/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Right because USC, Washington, and UCLA don't have any 300 pound DT's on their rosters. They all come to the NFL and gain 50lbs before they can play.

this isn't up to debate. there's a reason RB careers are so short. it's just a matter of time really.

Archived