• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying to get Cam ready for week 1.

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

I imagine he will play at least a quarter against Jax, just to get some live action reps against another team. We all know what Cam can do, at this point it's just about developing timing with his new weapons. 

I think it is pretty clear he isn't playing in preseason at all. 

11 minutes ago, PanthersUnitedTheSequel said:

Umm yea, Im as sure as Cam not playing week 1 as I am Hurney becoming our permanent GM, in other words.. 100%

On the bright side, if we beat the 49ers DA would be 3-0 in games hes started that Cam missed. Not bad a little talking point for our back up QB

DA has 4 starts for the Panthers.

12 minutes ago, PanthersUnitedTheSequel said:

Umm yea, Im as sure as Cam not playing week 1 as I am Hurney becoming our permanent GM, in other words.. 100%

On the bright side, if we beat the 49ers DA would be 3-0 in games hes started that Cam missed. Not bad a little talking point for our back up QB

That would be 3-1.  Lost to the Bucs remember.

30 minutes ago, PanthersUnitedTheSequel said:

grimes.1_18161279_8col.jpg

38 minutes ago, Snake said:

Panthers getting everyone ready for Cam to miss the first game. 

There is nothing in the article suggesting this. It says they want him to play in 3rd preseason game and they are currently on track for game one.

1 hour ago, csx said:

There is nothing in the article suggesting this. It says they want him to play in 3rd preseason game and they are currently on track for game one.

Disagree, think there are things that can reasonably interpreted that way.

From the article:

:...

The Panthers would like him to play in a preseason game. The third exhibition at Jacksonville on Aug. 24, when the starters will get their longest work, would make the most sense if you had to pick only one.

But Rivera said he’s fine if Newton’s first action comes Sept. 10 at Levi’s Stadium, site of Super Bowl 50...."

The would in the above statement implies he might not play.

And 

Rvera's statement sounds like coach speak for he's not playing until game 1.

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Disagree, think there are things that can reasonably interpreted that way.

From the article:

:...

The Panthers would like him to play in a preseason game. The third exhibition at Jacksonville on Aug. 24, when the starters will get their longest work, would make the most sense if you had to pick only one.

But Rivera said he’s fine if Newton’s first action comes Sept. 10 at Levi’s Stadium, site of Super Bowl 50...."

The would in the above statement implies he might not play.

And 

Rvera's statement sounds like coach speak for he's not playing until game 1.

I too disagree. It says they are expecting him to play game one. That's the opposite of preparing fans for him not playing game one. 

I was responding to the person suggesting the team was preparing us for him not playing game 1, not about preseason games. I still think there's a decent chance he sees a preseason series.

Archived