• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Cam not throwing today?

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I feel people have had enough platforms to give their thoughts on Cam's health. Redundant conversation is redundantly redundant.

They'll keep talking about it until he's actually healthy and winning games again 

Rivera said today that the doctors were the ones who shut Cam down 2 weeks ago. I feel like something is up. Possible he has a slight tear in it again and trying to rehab it? Maybe scar tissue from the surgery needs to be removed? 

I don't expect him to play this week. He might play against Jacksonville. My concern is that after 2 weeks of throwing and they already shut him down, what does the rest of the season look like for his shoulder?

10 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Rivera said today that the doctors were the ones who shut Cam down 2 weeks ago. I feel like something is up. Possible he has a slight tear in it again and trying to rehab it? Maybe scar tissue from the surgery needs to be removed? 

I don't expect him to play this week. He might play against Jacksonville. My concern is that after 2 weeks of throwing and they already shut him down, what does the rest of the season look like for his shoulder?

good point x.x it looks like its going to be alot of speculation until we actually see cam play a full game without having trouble 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam didn't throw today. At all. 

Coach Rivera said it was a scheduled day off. 

But I'm pretty sure the two weeks he had off were not scheduled. 

I don't really see the point of having him out there doing everything but throwing if it was his scheduled day off. 

Is Rivera being straight with us, or sandbagging info as to not give upcoming opponents any info on Cam? 

What say yes, oh lords of the huddle. 

Best way to heal an injury is to give it ample  time.

Rivera and Co. think its more important to get his footwork right than his throwing motion.

Huddlers shouldn't forget 2011 season.

River Boat Ron & CAM .png

Or, they realize that they pushed him a little too hard at the beginning of camp, and are now taking a step back to give him a little more rest.  He threw for 5 days straight, so probably nothing more than just resting the arm (which he's still building stamina in).  

They said it was a planned day off (obviously just from throwing to give his shoulder a rest), but he should throw again tomorrow.  I'm guessing lightly again, or in team drills like he did yesterday.  I think they are just slowing things down to make sure he's ready for week 1.  They don't work a guy like they are Cam if there were any setback or significant concern.  This looks like nothing more than them re=evaluating and adjusting their plan for him. 

Archived