• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Cam not throwing today?

Jeremy Igo

Cam didn't throw today. At all. 

Coach Rivera said it was a scheduled day off. 

But I'm pretty sure the two weeks he had off were not scheduled. 

I don't really see the point of having him out there doing everything but throwing if it was his scheduled day off. 

Is Rivera being straight with us, or sandbagging info as to not give upcoming opponents any info on Cam? 

What say yes, oh lords of the huddle. 

Not a doctor, but it would seem like if there was anything unforeseen then he wouldn't show up, or would be off somewhere getting "treatment".   Looks like it's let him throw, report any soreness, rest and repeat.   I haven't seen anything restricting his movement.  He has been stretching and simulating arm rotation etc...   

As of right now, I don't think it's anything major.  We will see going forward, but them allowing him to throw yesterday shows me  that structurally everything is intact. 

What exactly is being inferred here?

Is it that Cam isn't progressing as the medical staff had hoped at this point?

Or is it merely concern in general that he is missing time practicing and taking reps?

Because if it's about practice, ehhhh, I think he will be fine.

I won't be concerned until it is closer to Week 1. Cam is a tough mofo, so I know he'll fight to be on the field. At that point if he is still having soreness would it be better to continue to rest him for the sake of the rest of the season? I don't know, and hope it doesn't come down to that.

26 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Was it a Vet day like how Peppers, TD, and CJ get, or was it another day where he was taking snaps on run plays but not pass plays?

That second thing. 

He was handing the ball off and doing footwork drills, just didn't throw the ball at all. 

Archived