• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Cam Newton throwing at practice today

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I will be shocked if Cam misses week 1.  He still has almost a month to get ready and the only thing keeping him from letting it rip right now is a little soreness. I just can't make myself fret over this. Besides, there are just some guys you know are going to be there when it matters and Cam is one of them. The guy broke his freakin back and came back and played a couple of weeks later, so this is nothing.

Dude..

you cannot deny that you have a tad bit of concern.  Not a panic, but an eyebrow raise. This isnt a matter of being a tough guy man cake. This is a surgically repaired throwing thoulder of the best player to ever suit up for us. Its not a stinger or wind knock out. Its serious poo and its been two weeks since he was pulled out the last part of team drills after throwing some bad passes. Stop pretending. That or stop being a blind optimistic turd. Do i think Cam will play week one? Yes. Do i think its a certain? No. Am i concerned that itll get sore again after more theowing? Yes. You dont throw for a week and stop for two weeks. There is at least legitimate "oh sshit" caution going on. I get 1-2 days.  Not 2 weeks. I like your fandom of Cam but come on man this isnt Barney's plahouse where everyone gets a hug. There is legitimate concern and caution going on. 

7 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

There is no new offense. All they're doing is tweaking it a little bit. Sure it would be better if he was practicing, but he's a 6 year vet now. Missing a few TC practices will have a minimum effect on a star like him, if any.

I've seen this play out hundreds of times over the years. They always make a big deal out of the stars missing a few practices but when are real season starts, you can never tell the difference.

Exactly. Nobody in Indy cares that Luck is not playing in the preseason. NOBODY. What Indy fans care about is Luck being ready for game one.

I have no reason why the Huddle thinks Newton is in year 3. By Big Ben's 7th year, I am not even sure if he practiced 1/4 the time at TC. 

I need Newton's OLine and WRs and other weapons to learn to do their job so that Newton doesn't have to overextend himself year after year after year. 

9 hours ago, The Huddler said:

Dude..

you cannot deny that you have a tad bit of concern.  Not a panic, but an eyebrow raise. This isnt a matter of being a tough guy man cake. This is a surgically repaired throwing thoulder of the best player to ever suit up for us. Its not a stinger or wind knock out. Its serious poo and its been two weeks since he was pulled out the last part of team drills after throwing some bad passes. Stop pretending. That or stop being a blind optimistic turd. Do i think Cam will play week one? Yes. Do i think its a certain? No. Am i concerned that itll get sore again after more theowing? Yes. You dont throw for a week and stop for two weeks. There is at least legitimate "oh sshit" caution going on. I get 1-2 days.  Not 2 weeks. I like your fandom of Cam but come on man this isnt Barney's plahouse where everyone gets a hug. There is legitimate concern and caution going on. 

Think what you want but I'm just not worried about Cam. If he wasn't throwing at all, I would be worried but it's pretty obvious that he CAN throw but they're just being smart about this. 

Besides everything else I've posted about this, there is the fact that Cam tends to wear his emotions on his sleeve and he has been pretty darn happy lately. He does not look like a man who is worried at all.

11 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Think what you want but I'm just not worried about Cam. If he wasn't throwing at all, I would be worried but it's pretty obvious that he CAN throw but they're just being smart about this. 

Besides everything else I've posted about this, there is the fact that Cam tends to wear his emotions on his sleeve and he has been pretty darn happy lately. He does not look like a man who is worried at all.

Lol i drunk posted you. My B. 

Eh, I think they are just being very careful with him. I would rather he not miss time right now but he will be ready when it boils down to it.

Besides, everything hinges on our OL right now. If they can't protect him, we're screwed anyway.

Archived