• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Cam Newton throwing at practice today

Jeremy Igo

Cam Newton took a step forward today in his shoulder rehabilitation by throwing the ball in individual drills. This is something that Newton has not done in nearly two weeks. Although he is not throwing the ball in team drills, it is a step in the right direction. It is still unclear whether or not he will be ready for the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I really don't understand all  the concern for Cam. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be ready to go when it matters and I don't think it's going to hurt him at all to miss a few practices.

You don't want him practicing any new offense with the new offensive players?

3 minutes ago, csx said:

You don't want him practicing any new offense with the new offensive players?

There is no new offense. All they're doing is tweaking it a little bit. Sure it would be better if he was practicing, but he's a 6 year vet now. Missing a few TC practices will have a minimum effect on a star like him, if any.

I've seen this play out hundreds of times over the years. They always make a big deal out of the stars missing a few practices but when are real season starts, you can never tell the difference.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A couple weeks. 

The majority of training camp. 

He actually threw in team drills the first two days, so you can't count that. Again though, Cam is a seasoned vet. He's not going to forget how to play anytime soon. I'm much more worried about Samuel. He's a raw rookie who needs every rep he can get.

I'm just not worried. Cam knows this offense inside and out, so a few tweaks to get match ups for CMC are not going to be a challenge for him. RR says his shoulder is right on track and I see no reason to doubt him.

If anything, I think Cam screwed up by throwing too far in those first couple practices and it made the soreness worse. I can't blame him though. He just wanted to play like he always does.

28 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

RR says his shoulder is right on track and I see no reason to doubt him.

Except for the fact that he has zero interest in letting other teams know whats going on with injuries until the league mandates him to the Wednesday before game 1. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Except for the fact that he has zero interest in letting other teams know whats going on with injuries until the league mandates him to the Wednesday before game 1. 

I will be shocked if Cam misses week 1.  He still has almost a month to get ready and the only thing keeping him from letting it rip right now is a little soreness. I just can't make myself fret over this. Besides, there are just some guys you know are going to be there when it matters and Cam is one of them. The guy broke his freakin back and came back and played a couple of weeks later, so this is nothing.

Archived