• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Practice Thread - Friday

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Newton will be fine though. He was fine as a rookie after missing all those practices, so why would it bother him now? His shoulder is right on track to be ready week 1.

Likely, probably but if I'm concerned about anything it's the health of the QB over a rookie slot receiver.

Reality is I can be concerned for both or neither or either one in whatever ratio but it doesn't affect anything.

9 minutes ago, Salisburysean98 said:

This dude wants it, I'm MOIST MOIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #Byrd watch. Am I the only one that started doing "The Byrd" After he scored his first touchdown?

Probably, but it's still cool that you did.

40 minutes ago, csx said:

Likely, probably but if I'm concerned about anything it's the health of the QB over a rookie slot receiver.

Reality is I can be concerned for both or neither or either one in whatever ratio but it doesn't affect anything.

I would be concerned too if I thought this was something that would keep Cam from playing in the real games. I just don't see it that way though.  If a car wreck that literally broke his back couldn't stop him for more than a couple of weeks, then a little shoulder soreness is not going to stop him when he still has a month to get it ready.

22 minutes ago, csx said:

I want him to be throwing with these guys as much as possible. I want him developing chemistry with Shepherd, CMC, and soon Samuel.

Yeah that would be definitely be better and I can understand why people would worry about the star players, but I have seen enough of Cam that this just doesn't bother me much. I'm much more worried about Samuel, who still needs to learn how to be a full time professional WR and this offense. I like Shepard and all but this Samuel kid has a chance to be a real star and we need him if we want to get back to the bowl.

Archived