• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Practice Thread - Friday

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I know all of that. This is frustrating though. I really don't understand why people are more worried about Cam throwing today than they are about getting the rookie ready to go. Cam is a vet and he will be fine by week 1 whether he misses a few practices or not. Samuel is still a big question mark.

Because Newton touches the ball every offensive snap and is the crux of everything. If his shoulder limits is ability it limits the entire offense getting ready rather than one rookie receiver who likely would get limited snaps no matter how healthy.

Just now, csx said:

Because Newton touches the ball every offensive snap and is the crux of everything. If his shoulder limits is ability it limits the entire offense getting ready rather than one rookie receiver who likely would get limited snaps no matter how healthy.

Newton will be fine though. He was fine as a rookie after missing all those practices, so why would it bother him now? His shoulder is right on track to be ready week 1.

18 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I know all of that. This is frustrating though. I really don't understand why people are more worried about Cam throwing today than they are about getting the rookie ready to go. Cam is a vet and he will be fine by week 1 whether he misses a few practices or not. Samuel is still a big question mark.

FWIW, I don't think that it's worth worrying too much about either.

Cam will play sooner rather than later. That's just who he is. It sounds like it's just a case of him needing to loosen that scar tissue and get his arm in game mode.

Samuel would be nice to have right away, but hamstrings are very tricky for skill-position players, so as soon as I heard about it, I resigned myself to the fact that it could be weeks before Samuel gets appreciable reps. The good thing is that he says it's "minor," but in the meantime Byrd (perhaps another X-factor) will get appreciable reps with hopefully the ones. Moreover, everyone is different, but OBJ similarly tried to push it a little too early in the offseason when he was a rookie, then ultimately waited patiently to get right and absolutely began making an impact a once mid October rolled around.

Honestly, I'd rather both players take their time and get 100 percent, especially the rookie.

Archived