• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Strong Safety prospect no one is mentioning...

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I hope he sticks since he reminds a lot of people on here of Boston, and a lot of people here didn't like Boston. Rooting for him and he looked good

I don't think it was a lot of people on here that hated on him.  I know I didn't.  He was a good dude but just couldn't produce in this system.  He got a fare shot to show his game here and didn't.  Time to move on.

43 minutes ago, Snake said:

Tre always reminded me of Godfrey and now southward reminds me of Tre. 

There was another d-back on our 90 last year or the year before that had long skinny dreads. Can't remember his name but he definitely got some preseason play. Could have been Travell Dixon? His pic shows long dreads. 

Edit: could have been Lester, I guess but I was thinking it was some no-name.

He stood out enough to me that I was looking him up to find out who he was. Had several solo tackles and seemed to close quickly on plays in front of him.  Couldn't tell how he did in coverage. May be one of those guys who has the lights come on in 2nd/3rd year and we got him at a good time.  

I remember posting something back in May or June about Southward and McCray... their signing really flew under most everyone's radar, mine included. Then when I  went to do my first roster projection, I discovered we had 2 new journeyman safeties.  Suggested that just maybe the answer was on our roster. But then both guys seemed to vanish during OTA s and camp and I mostly forgot about them...  Glad that when the chips are down and in a game setting that Southward showed up.

Just now, KB_fan said:

I remember posting something back in May or June about Southward and McCray... their signing really flew under most everyone's radar, mine included. Then when I  went to do my first roster projection, I discovered we had 2 new journeyman safeties.  Suggested that just maybe the answer was on our roster. But then both guys seemed to vanish during OTA s and camp and I mostly forgot about them...  Glad that when the chips are down and in a game setting that Southward showed up.

Southward in game performance caught my eye. I hope he is another diamond in the rough or a change of scenery helps player for us.

I was impressed.  He flashed a lot, which I found interesting considering I don't think his name has even been mentioned in tweets or reports out of TC.  If I'm not mistaken, I know he spent time with the Falcons prior to being here, and I believe he was on their active roster at some point.

That being said, I had heard a little bit about McCray but hadn't seen him play until Wednesday...  I was most impressed with him of all the new safeties...  I mean he was playing with scrubs, but dude looked rangy and explosive.  Reminded me a bit of Mike Mitchell with his aggression and ability to close quickly. 

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If I'm not mistaken, I know he spent time with the Falcons prior to being here, and I believe he was on their active roster at some point.

He was their 3rd round pick in 2014 under Mike Smith. Then Quinn came in tried to move him to CB and that didn't work out for some reason or another. 

Archived