• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we pump the breaks on the Byrd enthusiasm just a bit?

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, Scrumtrilescent said:

Watched him drop too many passes in college to let such a small sample size now completely change my cautious outlook on him at the present.

Byrd was a track guy playing football in college.

Now he's had 2 years of learning how to run routes, adding some muscle and fine tuning a lot of things. He was your typically run straight WR in college so he was extremely raw however extremely athletic. 

His 3 cone time combined with his 40 tells you he has the quicks and speed just a matter of putting it all together which he slowly is. 

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Byrd was a track guy playing football in college.

Now he's had 2 years of learning how to run routes, adding some muscle and fine tuning a lot of things. He was your typically run straight WR in college so he was extremely raw however extremely athletic. 

His 3 cone time combined with his 40 tells you he has the quicks and speed just a matter of putting it all together which he slowly is. 

Patience is a virtue and I believe it will work in Byrd's case.

There was a guy a year or so ago that showed out in the Superbowl in his coming out party and we traded him to NE for trinkets.  I think one preseason game is not enough to prove he has "arrived".  Prior to that he was in a tight fight with Brensin (some say he's only on the team cause he cut JR's lawn) Bersin. 

I want him to be good and want him to be a strong contributor but I think we need to let the rest of the preseason unfold. 

Not in this case, let him have this hype.

He came from a local school, ultra raw being a career #3, and weight was around 150 to start. He put in work and this could easily be the best time in his life. His 15 minutes could be starting or just ending now. I just hope he doesn't turn into bersin 2.14.  

Archived