• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we pump the breaks on the Byrd enthusiasm just a bit?

Jeremy Igo

Does anyone know if you can get your deposit refunded on a bronze bust?  Asking for a friend...

In all honesty, his performance was exciting and reminiscent of Ginn's big game when he was first signed.  I'd love it if we could get 25ish catches out of him this season.  I'd love for him to be a viable deep threat.

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Does anyone know if you can get your deposit refunded on a bronze bust?  Asking for a friend...

In all honesty, his performance was exciting and reminiscent of Ginn's big game when he was first signed.  I'd love it if we could get 25ish catches out of him this season.  I'd love for him to be a viable deep threat.

All being long bomb TDs from Cam would be excellent.

After 2 more pre-season performances, I believe the hype train can start leaving the station.  But his speed does provide something we desperately need and if Cam has anything to say about it, I believe he will be on the roster if he keeps burning DB's deep.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Might be better if we pumped the brakes.

And when it comes to preseason hype, yeah probably. Guys like Anthony Bright and Jamal Robertson come to mind.

Kudos for his performance so far but there's still a lot of football to be played.

Top Receivers in preseason so far:

TommyLee Lewis - NO

Cody Hollister - NE

Damore'ea Stringfellow - MIA

Keelan Cole - JAX

Dameire Byrd - CAR

Bryce Treggs - PHI

Dres Anderson - HOU

etc...

Every team has their preseason heros this time of year. Most will never be heard from again.  

1 hour ago, ecu88 said:

Shepard is the better version of Philly, good speed but not the respect me type speed. He runs awesome routes that leaves DBs behind.

Byrd has that Ginn Speed and the attitude of Smitty imo. He has a chip. Plus his route running has transformed him to a new level. Give him some 1st team reps. Time to burn teams with someone who can actually catch.

This.

Byrd impressed the hell out of me, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic until I see him replicate this game when he's up against all the starters. After 1 game, I'd say he's a shoo-in for the 5th WR spot and Clay and Bersin are fighting for #6. His ST play is just icing on the cake.

I'd like to see him with the ones before I'm completely on board.

It drives me nuts when the announcers are all over someone, like they were with Deshaun Watson, when they are up against all 2nd and 3rd string players.

Disclaimer:  I'm sure I got overly excited on twitter seeing what Byrd was doing. You can't help it when it is your own team.

I dont think anyone is expecting Byrdman to be Steve Smith out there. But with questions about Devin Fuchess 3rd year... Curtis Samuel's injury, its nice to hear that we have more to be excited about than Christian McCaffrey. 

I know that we hear news about guys who perform well in preseason, but there are also guys who perform well in camp... and we never see it play out on the field. Whats more realistic is that Damiere will make an impact on special teams. Our return game has been abysmal the past few years. I think Cmac and Damiere give us something to be excited about with field position. 

As a WR, the good thing is that we shouldn't expect Damiere to come in and do a ton. We don't need 500 yards and 7 TD's from him. He's there to stretch the field. We just need him put in the right situations... taking advantage of the foolish DBs who underestimate him. 

Archived