• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is that Daryl Williams or Mike Remmers?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Nah man don't talk crazy like that why don't we  wait and see who is right  just couple of more games and we get to see our staring RT.  

BTW did you like the 2  TE set playing inline and FB..

Moton is not a center. He never even played center in college. RT is the perfect position for him, but he can play guard if need be. I don't really care what the back up TE's did in the pre season but since you mentioned it, you should go back and take a look at that block Dickson made on CMC's best run.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If there is one position along the offensive line I could see Moton stepping into in game 1 it is right tackle. 

Williams is looking mighty Remmers'esque here

4 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Here's a GIF of Moton dominating in comparison. Look to the right side:

Williams is going against a second year pro, Brennan Scarlett, who weighs in at 260 and is considered the primary backup to Jadaveon Clowney.  Moton is taking down a 225 pound rookie UDFA/Camp Body, Dayon Pratt.  Not saying that Moton isn't better than Williams and doesn't show more promise, but this isn't exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.

And FWIW, I thought who plays what position and who starts is up to Rivera, not the GM.  But carry on in your discussion about that, and please give Moton reps at FB too for shits and giggles.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If there is one position along the offensive line I could see Moton stepping into in game 1 it is right tackle. 

Williams is looking mighty Remmers'esque here

giphy.gif

Perhaps he looked Remmers'esque during the game, but in this gif he was right where he was supposed to be. The short gain is on Scott and Moton (mostly Scott). The play is designed to open a hole at the right guard position, which is why Moton pulls from his left guard position. But Scott gets no push. On top of that, Moton's guy seems to stumble, and Moton ends up taking him down. This leaves no room for McCaffrey, so he has to bounce outside. Williams doesn't realize, so he takes the inside of the LB (to seal off), which is what he should do, which leads to the LB blowing by him. 

That said, who knows if Williams would have sealed off the LB anyway. Pad level looks high. 

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Moton is not a center. He never even played center in college. RT is the perfect position for him, but he can play guard if need be. I don't really care what the back up TE's did in the pre season but since you mentioned it, you should go back and take a look at that block Dickson made on CMC's best run.

He want be playing RT  besides backup role or due to Injury, I'm not saying he is going to be a center this season but in couple of years that will be his position.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Manhertz & Simonson > Dickson.

4 hours ago, Dex said:

Reactionary thread = more site traffic. Jeremy and his family gotta eat. Keep up.

haven't you read...Jeremy doesn't eat.

But I agree, let the man make his money. Those fancy ass cameras ain't cheap. Plus it's kinda fun to see the idiot masses (myself included) blow up once in a while.

Remmers graded higher than Williams last year, that's just the fact. So I never completely understood why some praise one and belittle the other. They're basically the same quality of player when you shake it all down. I wouldn't necessarily want to rely on either one as a starter, but they're decent backups whose play is inconsistent.

Why do you think Moton started seeing the field at LG before RT? Yes, I believe he will see playing time THIS year at RT, but I believe we might be seeing our Norwell replacement. 

I just don't seeing us paying both Star and Norwell. If we can't count on Butler we will resign Star and let Norwell walk and Moton takes his place. 

I think the front office is really going Down. Williams will be a serviceable RT and plug Moton right in. 

1 hour ago, mrknowitall said:

Perhaps he looked Remmers'esque during the game, but in this gif he was right where he was supposed to be. The short gain is on Scott and Moton (mostly Scott). The play is designed to open a hole at the right guard position, which is why Moton pulls from his left guard position. But Scott gets no push. On top of that, Moton's guy seems to stumble, and Moton ends up taking him down. This leaves no room for McCaffrey, so he has to bounce outside. Williams doesn't realize, so he takes the inside of the LB (to seal off), which is what he should do, which leads to the LB blowing by him. 

That said, who knows if Williams would have sealed off the LB anyway. Pad level looks high. 

LOL!

He may have been where he was supposed to be but he nearly completely whiffed on his block and because of that, CMC had no cutback lane. Had Williams blocked his man, CMC has a cutback lane and turns that play into a decent gain.

Archived