• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How concerned are you with the safety position?

Jeremy Igo

So apparently Marlowe is hurt again. 

Two solid starters, and that is where it stops. Those guys will have to play entire games, and they aren't exactly spring chickens. 

Silver lining is that Shaq will be getting some looks in the joker position. 

How concerned are you at the safety position? 

Of all the positions on the defense, safety would be the one I'm most comfortable signing an aged vet that has lost a step. I feel like safety is more about knowing where to be than having elite athleticism and speed. Wait for a vet to be cut and sign them up to backup our starters. 

I'm concerned.  I was before Adams signed and during the draft. I have concerns with Adams age and feel like he's an improved version of Roman Harper, but not overly thrilled at our current depth.

Coleman is as solid as they come and Munnerlyn improves the nickel spot immensely, so that helps. I hope there is a veteran cut that we can jump on at some point, especially now that Marlowe is banged up. 

No more concerned than I am about the rest of the weaknesses on the team.  The defense got older and the depth is thin in a few spots, namely safety.   Who knows if these old farts can keep it together the entire season.  But hey, Hurndog got this.  Amiright?

22 minutes ago, jayflip said:

In hindsight, cutting an inconsistent Tre Boston on a rookie contract isn't looking like a good move... 

we'll pick up some vet scraps come final cuts I would hope. 

Yep, wasn't a fan of the move. Didn't like Boston as a starter, but he certainly looks like he could be some needed depth right about now.

If they stay healthy it looks pretty good . I think we could lose 1 and still be okay. But if its anything like the oline injuries last year and we end up starting our 3rd and 4th string saftey's through the home stretch of the season, we could be in trouble.

All signs are pointing to Mike Adams still being pretty good and we know Coleman is a ball hawk in his natural FS position. They aren't elite but they'll look like pro bowlers if we have an elite pass rush. I'm more worried about the dline not getting a slow start to the year like last season . Sure we ended up finishing like 2nd overall in total sacks? But actually watching the games through about the first half of the season the pass rush was atrocious and we got picked apart by opposing QBs. 

Archived