• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton update

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

I'm not worried at all. If he isn't throwing by the last preseason game then you can somewhat assume DA is starting week 1. Week 1 doesn't dictate the entire season. It's not like the Panthers have started hot on a regular basis so I'm not expecting it... Even though that would be ideal.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Shouldn't need him to beat San Francisco anyways

Just now, mjligon said:

After watching Derek Anderson single handedly lose our game at home against TB last year I will never say that again.

Also, Anderson looks awful this camp...so

Fair enough.  And we absolutely can not afford to lose to a team like San Francisco if we want to make the playoffs.  So.

2 hours ago, Hallin'AllDaeDae said:

Who cares if he doesn't throw at all next week too, or the week after that, let him continue to rest it's all about week 1 - he'll be throwing week 1 that's all that matters

soooooo he'll just be sore all week leading up to week 2. wait but he is superman so nevermind he is only sore when it doesnt matter.

He'll be fine for week 1 I think. My dad had the same surgery and he was back to his normal self 5 months later. He's 67, plays golf twice a month, and goes to the gym 5 days a week. Hes nowhere near a world class athlete with world class trainers,  Cam will be fine.

3 hours ago, Lemory said:

It did seem like they were overworking his shoulder the first two days of camp. 

Probably on purpose. There is no way to get his shoulder ready without going through these stages of soreness. It just isn't physically possible no matter how long they wait. If they waited until a week before the season, then he would still have to wait a few weeks after throwing.

11 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Common sense and level headedness.  

I like level-headedness, I mean as a fan there is nothing we can do so why get bent out of shape? Common sense doesnt come in to play here, if it did, it would say be cautiously optimistic at best. But people do believe he is Superman so there is that.

Just now, rainwater said:

Probably on purpose. There is no way to get his shoulder ready without going through these stages of soreness. It just isn't physically possible no matter how long they wait. If they waited until a week before the season, then he would still have to wait a few weeks after throwing.

I buy that, I just think the timetable is longer than we hoped. Contact has not even been initiated yet so who knows what happens when that comes in to play.

Archived