• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton update

Jeremy Igo

24 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

This is certainly not ideal, but the defense looks pretty good, so it may not cost us too much.

having attended camp about 5 times this year, i can attest to this. our run defense is absolutely suffocating and our pass defense will be above average so long as we can get consistent pressure from the front 7.

23 minutes ago, Lemory said:

It did seem like they were overworking his shoulder the first two days of camp. 

i agree with this. im sure that was for the fans' peace of mind, but id rather him be throwing right now than throwing the first few days of camp. just my 0.02

17 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

its mostly a matter of how much time he's missing to gell with his offense before the season starts. He can't just go into game 1 with hardly any practice time throwing to teammates

i agree with this, but lets not forget that he did meet with most of our receivers in Balty to work on communication and timing. tbh, that might have been part of the reason he's sitting out now. may have overworked the shoulder between the Balty trip and the first few days of camp

Jeremy sure knows his audience!  I think he's is being a bit of an alarmist here (same with Samuel) and putting out some solid click bait.  

Shoulder soreness is a known byproduct of this surgery.  So, it was expected that he would be in and out early in camp.  You can tell by Cam's movements that there was no setback or re-injury, just a little sore throwing.  It's just logical to put him in a holding pattern until the soreness goes away...no need to risk it turning into something serious.

And the fact he is throwing now (albeit limited with RV), shows that he's abut ready to get back to practice.  The most likely scenario is that since there was a short week between fan fest and the first preseason game they decided to hold him out until after we play Houston.  They're just taking it slow and easy with him to make sure he's ready for week 1.

6 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Jeremy sure knows his audience!  I think he's is being a bit of an alarmist here (same with Samuel) and putting out some solid click bait.  

Shoulder soreness is a known byproduct of this surgery.  So, it was expected that he would be in and out early in camp.  You can tell by Cam's movements that there was no setback or re-injury, just a little sore throwing.  It's just logical to put him in a holding pattern until the soreness goes away...no need to risk it turning into something serious.

And the fact he is throwing now (albeit limited with RV), shows that he's abut ready to get back to practice.  The most likely scenario is that since there was a short week between fan fest and the first preseason game they decided to hold him out until after we play Houston.  They're just taking it slow and easy with him to make sure he's ready for week 1.

This has morphed into the same thread as yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Woodie said:

You are right. Cam likely missing two weeks of training camp isn't worth a thread. 

The click bait crap gets old. 

Think one thing to look at is how relaxed and happy Cam is on the sidelines. Cam wears his emotions on his sleeves, which can be both good and bad-but if he thought he wasn't going to play soon, I think he'd be sad and frustrated and it would show.

Archived