• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers Training Camp Thread - 8/7

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Okay seriously we need a new backup:

Christian Ponder?  He'd have a month at least.  Waiting on the scrap heap for God knows who, leaving no time would be almost as disastrous.

Umm, DA is the back up QB, not the starter. We can't realistically expect him to be out there lighting it up in training camp. He's going to miss a fair number of passes out there, some the receiver's fault, some the defense's and a fair number of them his own. That's what you get from a back up QB on a team that doesn't have a QB controversy.

DA provides us with a guy who knows the whole playbook and understands the game. He helped Cam come along and I think the two have a good relationship helped out by the fact that DA isn't gunning for a starting job. He's got good eyes for the game and that's a help to have on the sidelines. And should Cam go down, DA gives the team about a 50/50 chance at a win which is better than most backup QBs in the league.

Kurt Coleman: "Byrd is a guy that can succeed. And people overlook Bersin, but he's one of the best route runners on the team."

Kurt on Greg: I call him AKA 1K. He's going to get 1000 yards every year

Kurt Coleman hasn't seen much of Deshaun Watson, except ... "I saw what he did to my Buckeyes."

Cole Luke answering questions now. Says he thinks the coaches want him to play all around: safety, corner, nickel, whatever.

"Now there's a little bit of a border line between 'Coach' and 'Cotch'." Damiere Byrd with the quote of the day on Jerricho Cotchery.

Says what stands out to the coaches when they're evaluating is consistency.

DGo__tWXkAEiIjg.jpg

Archived