• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo... Anyone starting to think Cam could be out Week 1?

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, ncfan said:

Again Why the FUG!!!!!!  Did we not shut Cam down after the Chargers game.  Let him have his Surgery then and he would have had more than enough time to recover.  

Nothing is more moronic than letting Cam play in week 17 last season.  Absolutely.  Positively.  Nothing.

I know this is an unpopular subject. I also remember how unpopular it was in 2014 to consider, but it happened. 

I really think there is a decent chance. Rivera will want Cam totally healthy when facing McDermott in week 2 and I do feel the Panthers should beat San Fran without him. 

I'd feel confident to sit cam week 1 if DA was the DA of 2014...but recent performances in games and now practices are showing he's become very turnover prone and seems to not make the best reads, even for a back up.  I worry about us starting him honestly.  

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I know this is an unpopular subject. I also remember how unpopular it was in 2014 to consider, but it happened. 

I really think there is a decent chance. Rivera will want Cam totally healthy when facing McDermott in week 2 and I do feel the Panthers should beat San Fran without him. 

Perhaps a change of heart?

On 8/5/2017 at 7:18 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Sorry, but week 1 worries me. West coast against a largely unknown team. 

I won't be counting it as a guaranteed win anytime soon. 

10 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Huh? Think Igo is talking about the regular season, bruh. I don't think cam will play in any of the preseason games

Yeah I looked at the schedule wrong. For some reason was thinking we opened the season on. Thursday. 

The Panthers offense is so boring without #1 under center...like it is difficult to watch. Fan Fest was extremely boring, and from what I've been reading there is a pretty noticeable lack of energy at TC when Cam doesn't practice (aka all last week).

Also, DA sucks....big time.

Either way we should be able to bear the 49ers without Cam (although I though the same last year with DA under center at home versus Tampa, but whatever throw a pick on the 1 yard line).

Either way the priority should be getting Cam back to full strength. Him tossing on the side yesterday was a good sign...we'll see what he does the next couple days.

Muscle soreness in a throwers shoulder is really no big deal...coming off surgery or not. There is going to be scar tissue in there that needs to be loosed up. I bet if you ask every single QB in the league right now if their shoulder was sore they would say yes. It just comes with the territory. They are dealing with Cam with an abundance of caution, but as long as it's nothing structural giving him problems, I'd take a wild guess and say if the season started tomorrow Cam would be out there under center.  Plus, QB's only throw once a week, maybe 50 times tops, come regular season...it's not like being a pitcher who throws 100+ times multiple times a week. 

I would bet 100 bucks that Cam will be QB1 come our first game with San Francisco. 

17 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Anyone starting to think Cam may not start in week 1? 

He has missed a week of practice due to a sore shoulder from throwing just 4 days. Not sure what that says about how he will be feeling as things get more intense from here on out. 

Rivera has proven many times he is willing to sit Cam against teams the Panthers should defeat, even without Cam. 

I am starting to feel like this may be a situation like in 2014 season opener against the Bucs. Cam hurt, Panthers chose to start Anderson. Panthers won. 

New Emoji request! @Jeremy Igo

chickenlittle.jpg

Archived