• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo... Anyone starting to think Cam could be out Week 1?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Medical staff and trainers were keeping a close eye on him. They understood it was just a tear at that point, and Cam would have more than enough time to heal before week one if they wait until week 1.

If it's ever possible for something to heal on its own beforehand, they go for that. In this case, the Panthers hoped that Cam's shoulder would heal on its own. When it got to the deadline in March, they went right into surgery that had a timetable of being fine plenty of time before week 1.

Panthers were going for the best available option in hoping Cam's shoulder heals on its own. They went to plan B when that didn't work out.

So the staff knew it was a tear.  By that point in the season we knew we were out of the playoffs, we were just playing for pride.  But you don't throw your injured franchise QB out there for pride.  They couldve got that heal on its own process earlier and then that deadline wouldve been earlier and his Surgery wouldve been a month sooner.

Was thinking today this might linger into the season. Makes me think that our training staff is subpar. First they let the injury ride during the season and let him play. Thus, pushing back the surgery and probably causing more damage . Then they get him throwing too soon and now he is back to where he was before They ever first attempted throwing. All of this just making it almost unlikely he plays week 1.

Just now, Cary Kollins said:

No what'd he say?

Honestly,  they didn't go in to it as much as I thought I remembered but here it is...

I thought they mentioned going to camp and a big deal being made out of days off and whether he throws or not.

12 minutes ago, Easymac27 said:

Was thinking today this might linger into the season. Makes me think that our training staff is subpar. First they let the injury ride during the season and let him play. Thus, pushing back the surgery and probably causing more damage . Then they get him throwing too soon and now he is back to where he was before They ever first attempted throwing. All of this just making it almost unlikely he plays week 1.

The soreness was going to happen whether he started throwing recently or in two months. I would hardly call what is happening now a setback and it certainly isn't from the doctors letting him throw too early. It seems this is a part of the process.

The only minor surgery is when it ain't happening to you. If it might heal with rest. You rest. Surgery is always a last resort.

i love the way message board MDs want to throw everyone under the knife immediately.

all of this is completely routine.

if he has to miss a few games. (I doubt he will) so be it.

11 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

The only minor surgery is when it ain't happening to you. If it might heal with rest. You rest. Surgery is always a last resort.

i love the way message board MDs want to throw everyone under the knife immediately.

all of this is completely routine.

if he has to miss a few games. (I doubt he will) so be it.

Sure it's the last resort if rest is indeed what he was doing. The training staff didn't rest him though, he kept playing in games. Somewhere along the line someone screwed up. Whether it was cam wanting to be out there and them letting it ride , or whatever...... he shouldn't have kept playing. 

Archived