• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo... Anyone starting to think Cam could be out Week 1?

Jeremy Igo

Anyone starting to think Cam may not start in week 1? 

He has missed a week of practice due to a sore shoulder from throwing just 4 days. Not sure what that says about how he will be feeling as things get more intense from here on out. 

Rivera has proven many times he is willing to sit Cam against teams the Panthers should defeat, even without Cam. 

I am starting to feel like this may be a situation like in 2014 season opener against the Bucs. Cam hurt, Panthers chose to start Anderson. Panthers won. 

No clue. We'll see. Maybe he's had a significant setback, but I have to think he was on track going into camp since he was throwing. I'm sure they're just being super cautious. Cam seems his usually happy self, so it doesn't seem like he's gotten any news that's got him down.

I'm still assuming he plays week one, but I'd be surprised if he plays at all in the preseason.

27 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

I will be fairly surprised if he plays in Week 1.  Then it's 10 days until Week 2, so that's quite a bit extra rest/rehab.

Huh? Think Igo is talking about the regular season, bruh. I don't think cam will play in any of the preseason games

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Again Why the FUG!!!!!!  Did we not shut Cam down after the Chargers game.  Let him have his Surgery then and he would have had more than enough time to recover.  

Medical staff and trainers were keeping a close eye on him. They understood it was just a tear at that point, and Cam would have more than enough time to heal before week one if they wait until week 1.

If it's ever possible for something to heal on its own beforehand, they go for that. In this case, the Panthers hoped that Cam's shoulder would heal on its own. When it got to the deadline in March, they went right into surgery that had a timetable of being fine plenty of time before week 1.

Panthers were going for the best available option in hoping Cam's shoulder heals on its own. They went to plan B when that didn't work out.

Archived