• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Defense.... whoa buddy

Jeremy Igo

• 1 month later...
Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Least amount of points allowed in a season opener in Panthers history.

That's actually hard to believe with all the good  defenses they have had over the years. They were definitely pretty good today, but the 49ers actually helped them out with their own mistakes too though. It was a good start.

On 8/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, Jase said:

Color me skeptical that we'll be able to generate a consistent pass rush. If you're not getting pass rush, things can fall apart pretty quickly, no matter how talented the back 7 may be.

We just recorded 4 sacks against a good oline.  Our LBs in coverage are hands down best in the league.  Star and KK are both all-pro level. That is enough to supplement an off game from the ends.  I don't see the DEs underperforming.

Drink the Kool aid its delish.

Shula did well too. I liked seeing Stewart and CMC in the backfield at the same time on some plays. If Cam wasn't rusty the first half we could have had several more TDs as the players were getting open. Honestly the only thing I didn't like was our punt return game. CMC never had any space to make anything happen.

PS If I am only complaining about punt returning we had a great game!

20 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

What are your thoughts so far? Main thing that pops out for me personally is how different Wilks and McDermott are, specifically the amount of man Steve is going for.

Main thing that came out of yesterday for me is I think Wilks might be better for Shaq Thompson than McDermott was.

Archived