• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Defense.... whoa buddy

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, emhoward said:

The only thing that gives me slight concern still is our pass rush.

I know folks have been saying Peppers has look good, but still..

We had 47 sacks which was 2nd in the NFL last year (behind Arizona with 48).

We still have CJ, Addison, and Horton and we swapped Ealy, Delaire for Peppers, Hall.

You do the math.

25 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

We had 47 sacks which was 2nd in the NFL last year (behind Arizona with 48).

We still have CJ, Addison, and Horton and we swapped Ealy, Delaire for Peppers, Hall.

You do the math.

How many of the sacks were from our LB's or secondary? Don't get me wrong, I don't care where our pass rush comes from so long as we have it, I only ask because I don't remember being impressed with our D-line for the first 2/3rds of the season. So either our LBs got a lot of sacks or we really picked it up the last 3rd of the season. Idk.

As I think about it more, I think the issue for me comes from not believing that we have a dominant pass rusher off the edge. We dont have anyone I KNOW can give us 12+sacks and when I think of dominant D-lines they always seem to have one of those guys. I guess we'll have to do it by committee. 

I agree with Jeremy.  The DE position that is questionable because of the ages of our DEs is deep with talent so the rotation should help keep the Vets solid.

Worley and Bradberry will have articles before the end of the season as the next great duo.  Watch and See.

Coleman and Adams are solid as they get.  

Wilks, the driver of this defense is gonna make us forget all about McDermott.    

14 hours ago, TheRed said:

This is certainly welcome news. But it's something that frankly should be expected. With all the resources we've poured into that side of the ball the last several years, anything less than a top 10 defense is simply unacceptable. Especially when you factor in that we are once again put into a position of essentially hinging our season on a high percentage of uncertainty along the OL after watching our QB get knocked around the last 17 games.

Strangely, I think we have the same amount of 1st rounders on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, emhoward said:

How many of the sacks were from our LB's or secondary? 

Ummmmmm... you may not have noticed, but the only change we made in our starting LBs and secondary were upgrades (Adams replacing Boston and Cap at nickle).  So I expect we'll be equal or better there too.

41 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Ummmmmm... you may not have noticed, but the only change we made in our starting LBs and secondary were upgrades (Adams replacing Boston and Cap at nickle).  So I expect we'll be equal or better there too.

Exactly. 

Captain, for instance, made a habit of getting to the quarterback his final year here. No reason that doesn't continue (or improve) under Wilks.

20 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Won't matter if the offense can't sustain drives to give the D a rest.  

Unless the defense just wants to feast on turnovers again....that'd be cool, too. 

if nothing else we have upgraded the run game and offensive line (a little) That alone should give us the ability to have long drives. We'll see though. I am worried a little about the offense mainly because of Shula and Cam's health. I'm trying not to be though. 

Archived