• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Defense.... whoa buddy

Jeremy Igo

I will go on record right now and say this defense will absolutely be ranked top 3 this year overall. When the starting unit is out there, there really are no weaknesses. Sure, some positions are better than others, but none are a concern really. 

If they can stay healthy, I feel like we all are going to witness something truly special this year. 

carolina panthers-4.jpg

This is certainly welcome news. But it's something that frankly should be expected. With all the resources we've poured into that side of the ball the last several years, anything less than a top 10 defense is simply unacceptable. Especially when you factor in that we are once again put into a position of essentially hinging our season on a high percentage of uncertainty along the OL after watching our QB get knocked around the last 17 games.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'm not convinced it will be effective. Time will tell. 

All the more reason CMC should be our return man, absolutely no questions asked-to make things happen and turn the tide of games.

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Think the best secondary the Panthers had was 2005. This secondary has that feel to it. 

Talent wise, this is the most talented secondary we've had this century. 

If the parts play as a unit, with this front 7 in front of it....

Oh forget it. It'll suck!

Defense is stacked!!! 4 solid Dt's. Vet de's feeding off each other's energy. Lb's just reaching the tip of the iceberg, playing next to Luke makes TD like 27 in his subconcious mind. Safety Vets who know where to be on the field. & young cb's that have already got there freshman whoopings out of the way, the only way is up.. and we are underated right now, by the time they see it coming it will be too late!!!

Archived