• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shula, you sand bagging son of a bitch you

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So... 6 second routes with a questionable offensive line for Cam to get killed behind? 

giphy.gif

If Cam doesn't use the underneath and check downs, it doesn't matter what offense we run. 

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Why would they show anything now? Why would you want them to? Most of the differences will just be wrinkles anyway. Just simple things like having CMC line up in the I formation and then motioning him out into the slot or even out wide will change how the defense reacts and will make a huge difference. You don't need to design a whole new offense to use the new players or to get the ball out of Cam's hands more often and quicker.

I agree with you completely, but the concern is that those wrinkles will never show. Let's hope Igo is right. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There are two possibilities. Shula is sandbagging all of the excitement and will spring it on the 49ers in week on like a ravenous wolf ripping his prey to shreds. 

So what you're saying is that there's an outside chance that by "evolution" Ron and Mike meant "we aren't going to do anything different, we're just going to depend on Cam to do things different so that he can save our jobs again and if he succeeds we'll take credit and look like geniuses but if he fails we can blame it on him"?

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Why would they show anything now? Why would you want them to? Most of the differences will just be wrinkles anyway. Just simple things like having CMC line up in the I formation and then motioning him out into the slot or even out wide will change how the defense reacts and will make a huge difference. You don't need to design a whole new offense to use the new players or to get the ball out of Cam's hands more often and quicker.

It's just topic fodder 

6 minutes ago, rodeo said:

we always have people saying during pre-season to relax because we're just running a vanilla offense and it'll open up during the season, and then it's exactly same during the season.

This is what concerns me. 

Screen passes look like complete poo in preseason. Look even worse somehow in the regular season. 

At the end of the day, our OC is still the same guy that thought it was a brilliant idea to put Ted Ginn Jr behind center late in the game in SB50 when we finally had an offensive drive going that was actually in Broncos territory.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This is what concerns me. 

Screen passes look like complete poo in preseason. Look even worse somehow in the regular season. 

I also don't understand the concept of "we shouldn't practice this new stuff we've never done so that we can spring it on our unsuspecting adversaries!"

Archived