• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd confident he can make the Carolina Panthers roster

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Im not arguing with that..If you are evaulating talent and you have only found 3 guys better than Bersin then you have your work cut out for you..Thats all I am saying..If he is great in practice why is he not on the field on 3rd downs more?  This is not a knock on Bersin but more so on the coaching staff...We wasted plenty of time on ginn, tolbert, dickson..and others that were not performing worth a poo. If your backups are not worth a poo what the hell is going on then..ive seen other teams put new players in and they perform decent

You do realize that Bersin has been cut twice and when he has been on the team, he rarely even gets a uniform on Sundays, right?  When he has been active and got to play, they did put him in on 3rd downs.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:48 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

I feel Kaelin Clay will beat out Byrd and win the 5th WR spot.

I have been wondering about Clay too. I had assumed that he was a camp body, but his name keeps coming up in a positive way. Add that to what he brings as a returner, and he might have a shot. I admit that I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention for the last few days, but he appears to be trending upward. Anyone know how he's doing overall? 

16 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

The problem is that none of these "potential" guys have outplayed Bersin, so far. All that potential don't mean jack squat unless it translates to the field.

Exactly. see Stephen Hill if you need an example of someone with all the potential in the world, but got outplayed by Bersin. 

FWIW, I do hope that we are able to find someone that can be better than Bersin to round out our roster, but Byrd hasn't proven that (to me) yet. Philly outplayed Bersin, got his roster spot, and now has moved on. 

Archived