• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd confident he can make the Carolina Panthers roster

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

i dont understand all the bersin hate.  The guy makes the most out of every oppurtunity he has been given.  Its not pretty but he gets the job done

Gets what job done? If he did this would not be a constant topic ever preseason lol.. we have seen the ceiling of bersin as our 5th guy already it's time to move forward.. insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.. 

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

i dont understand all the bersin hate.  The guy makes the most out of every oppurtunity he has been given.  Its not pretty but he gets the job done

People perfer to root for someone underachieving with a high ceiling over someone overachieving with a low ceiling. Bersin has reached his potential. We can sit here and discuss for a decade Armanti Edwards athelticism and potential but at some point you just have to realize it's not going to work out. 

30 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

People perfer to root for someone underachieving with a high ceiling over someone overachieving with a low ceiling. Bersin has reached his potential. We can sit here and discuss for a decade Armanti Edwards athelticism and potential but at some point you just have to realize it's not going to work out. 

The problem is that none of these "potential" guys have outplayed Bersin, so far. All that potential don't mean jack squat unless it translates to the field.

Bersin has had plenty of opportunities. I fell Byrd has just scratch the surface..Was in one game and scored. Played good during preseason, but never given much opportunity...At some point the upcomers have to be given a shot to play with the ones...Benji, Func are given...why play them alot during preseason...i think the only way you know what you got is allowing them a shot to play with Cam. Not saying Benji and Funch do not need work but you what you got with them.Its the same with CAP too...you hear news that these players are making plays in practice and in preseason but game day they are not even active.

4 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Bersin has had plenty of opportunities. I fell Byrd has just scratch the surface..Was in one game and scored. Played good during preseason, but never given much opportunity...At some point the upcomers have to be given a shot to play with the ones...Benji, Func are given...why play them alot during preseason...i think the only way you know what you got is allowing them a shot to play with Cam. Not saying Benji and Funch do not need work but you what you got with them.Its the same with CAP too...you hear news that these players are making plays in practice and in preseason but game day they are not even active.

Dude, Byrd has 1 catch for 16 yards and 0 TD's. In what universe is he more productive than Bersin?

37 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Dude, Byrd has 1 catch for 16 yards and 0 TD's. In what universe is he more productive than Bersin?

Yes, believe only time targeted too.Not being but in games has something toq do with it. .You will never know unless given opportunities..that is my statement not who has performed more of course that would be bersin been given more opportunities been here longer..its like that ugly girl that you date because you enjoy her company and pleasure.so have home dates and don't go out much.. because you know you can't be seen with her. She's good but because you have a an ego and want more you will never make her your number 1. She will always be a late nighter. Not saying Bersin is bad but u know what he is.

5 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Yes, believe only time targeted too.Not being but in games has something toq do with it. .You will never know unless given opportunities..that is my statement not who has performed more of course that would be bersin been given more opportunities been here longer..

So far, the only thing Byrd has proven that he can beat Bersin in, is the 40yd dash. In order to get on the field and get targets, he has to perform in practice, which is exactly what Bersin is doing. How can you complain about that?

7 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

So far, the only thing Byrd has proven that he can beat Bersin in, is the 40yd dash. In order to get on the field and get targets, he has to perform in practice, which is exactly what Bersin is doing. How can you complain about that?

Im not arguing with that..If you are evaulating talent and you have only found 3 guys better than Bersin then you have your work cut out for you..Thats all I am saying..If he is great in practice why is he not on the field on 3rd downs more?  This is not a knock on Bersin but more so on the coaching staff...We wasted plenty of time on ginn, tolbert, dickson..and others that were not performing worth a poo. If your backups are not worth a poo what the hell is going on then..ive seen other teams put new players in and they perform decent

Archived