• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd confident he can make the Carolina Panthers roster

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Funch

KB

Samuel

Shepard

Bersin

Yeah, I don't see him making it unless we succumb to injuries. Byrd doesn't have it.

Only one of those WR's have speed. So unless they plan on splitting CMC out in the slot more, I think we struggle again

If Bersin makes it over Byrd then it's 100% some BS having to do with his relationship with the owner. If the GMan/Hurney thing had not gone down then I would say there is 0% chance Bersin makes it over Byrd, but now who the heck knows what JR wants.

Byrd has outperformed Bersin and had been essentially even with Duke and Garrett (although Duke has fallen off IMO). He's been taking the majority of the PR reps, even though CMC is listed as #1 on the chart. It's tough to say how he's done since there is no hitting, but he hasn't dropped anything and has looked sure handed. So unless we want CMC taking every PR rep, Byrd makes the most sense because he's even with the other guys but he can play more than one position making him more valuable. But that's just after a week-ish of camp. Let's see what happens in these games. I think we are all going to be salivating at Byrd's return skills. 

And lol at people who haven't seen one practice saying Byrd doesn't have it. That's fantastic analysis. 

6 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Practice is practice. Stop being a diva. We all know Bersin is a favorite of a certain somebody. So he'll get the nod over Byrd. Unless Byrd gets 4-5 TDs in the preseason and/or Bersin gets injured, Byrd isn't going to make it. I hear the same poo every off season for Byrd. If he's got 'it', then he'll show it when it matters. Enough of this poo.

Make sure you tell your boyfriend Igo to stop being a diva since he said the exact same thing as me. 

5 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

We dating now? Well, damn.

Did you miss the off season? You know Bersin will always have a spot on the Panthers until he decides to retire or Richardson is the owner. Of course, this debate will be meaningless if Rivera decides to go with six receivers this season.

Again, Bersin was cut the past two seasons in a row. How is that "always having a spot on the Panthers?"

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

We dating now? Well, damn.

Did you miss the off season? You know Bersin will always have a spot on the Panthers until he decides to retire or Richardson is the owner. Of course, this trial debate will be meaningless if Rivera decides to go with six receivers this season.

Sounds like this is your reasoning for continuing to wish death on JR. 

You do realize Bersin has been cut twice now, right? Stop with the conspiracy theory. It's annoying. And wrong. 

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You can count. Outstanding. So how many times has Byrd been cut?

Nice spin attempt, but what's that got to do with anything? No one said Byrd "will always have a spot on the roster". That's what you said about Bersin. 

Just read the tweets from practice today and try to learn what's going on. 

Archived