• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd confident he can make the Carolina Panthers roster

Jeremy Igo

“What happened last year shows that I can make this team. It shows that I can make plays for this team,” Byrd said. “Going into camp knowing that and knowing that I don’t have to do anything out of the ordinary for me to make this team, just continue to be who I am. If that was enough to make it last year, it will be enough to open eyes this year.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article165671077.html

I feel like he does have the edge over guys like Austin Duke currently, but that could all change in preseason. Can't wait until Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

If he couldnt crack the final roster in the past I cant see how he does it this year. We are alot deeper at wr than we have been. Im pretty sure Samuel will make the final roster.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Players can get better and progress. Were you more developed mentally in the 1st grade or the 3rd grade?

16 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

If he couldnt crack the final roster in the past I cant see how he does it this year. We are alot deeper at wr than we have been. Im pretty sure Samuel will make the final roster.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

He cracked the 53 last year. If he keeps up his current pace, his chances of making the regular 53 are very good

I thought he looked fairly hopeless his rookie season.  Then better last preseason...  by the time he was added to the active roster, he looked like a completely different player with a lot of potential.  Don't feel like looking up the stats, but from memory, he looked really explosive on returns and had a long reception in his brief regular season appearances last season...  I'm looking forward to see what he does this preseason.

I've been thinking all along that he wouldn't make it. Bersin would be him. I'm coming around to thinking he will make it. We need that small speedy receiver. Especially if Samuel will be out for a period of time. Bersin does run clean routes and catches damn near every pass, he just isn't too much different than KB or Funch. Now that Shepard is here, the need for Bersin isn't really there anymore. 

It may be just me but Byrd saying he doesn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to make the team implies a sense of resting on his laurels. Even if that wasn't his intention, he's no lock to make the final 53 when four receiver spots are all but taken already.

12 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Funch

KB

Samuel

Shepard

Bersin

Yeah, I don't see him making it unless we succumb to injuries. Byrd doesn't have it.

Richardson going to find a way to get Bersin on the team since he's no longer PS eligible, but I really hope Byrd takes his spot regardless.

Archived