• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Neg Rep back?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Bronn said:

lol @ one star bandits...

Just admit you sometimes start crappy threads that deserve it.

Also, you basically came out and said "I don't like Bronn" in one thread recently...

Even though I feel I have been pretty even handed with everyone here, and if neg rep is brought back, @TheRed can count on me to also join his cause in giving you (and others here) a much needed dose.

lol seriously? 

10 minutes ago, Bronn said:

lol @ one star bandits...

Just admit you sometimes start crappy threads that deserve it.

Also, you basically came out and said "I don't like Bronn" in one thread recently...

Because of this, and even though I feel I have been pretty even handed with everyone here, and if neg rep is brought back, @TheRed can count on me to also join his cause in giving you (and others here) a much needed dose.

I love Bronn,

but only because of your close relationship to Tyrion. Little motherfuger is tight. 

18 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

lol seriously? 

Yes seriously...

I've never give you anything but constructive criticism as far as your music went until recently. Part of it might have been your terrible opinions about other topics, sure, but I'm fair to almost everyone here except those who are habitual line steppers.

33 minutes ago, stirs said:

This thread alone should be telling

Of course, if clicks are the aim, then by all means create a further level of pissing contests rather than actual football discussions

There would be no Carolina Huddle without pissing contests.

7 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

Absolutely yes. Have it so it shows who neg repped you to avoid any trolling. Would go a long way to some quality control on these boards, especially if the pie/rep threshold to post threads is raised.

Also have limits on the amount of neg rep that can be given in a time period, and from one person to another.

Keep it in this forum only though, cant imagine what would happen in the Tbox.

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

But would it really reduce it, or (ironically) encourage more negativity?  I say the latter.

Now that's an interesting thought. If you just have to have it, let people see who is doing the neg prepping, just like with pie. That would make for some potentially explosive dynamics, if not nurture a pretentious and contentious environment around here.

7 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

Also would show what users are abusing it and using it for personal attacks and not for neg repping poor content. Then drop the banhammer after a warning.

I'm still against it, because of the politics of it all and potential for abuse regardless, but your proposal may just keep things in check---shed light on trolls and assholes and ultimately subject them to the banhammer. Another avenue for retribution that is arguably self-inflicted. That's some irony right there.

6 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Who cares.

Its sad to see a bunch of grown men worry about some message board pie.

Majority of the regulars know who is going to post what by now so I don't think anyone even cares to look at ones pie. I can assure you that no one irl gives a flying f*ck how much pie you have on the huddle.

6 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Depends.  If I negative rep a negative rep would that mean it's a positive rep?  

Neg rep... 

Archived