• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Neg Rep back?

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Oh Hell no.  You'll get every troll in here running negative repping just because they don't like you.

Sanjay knows all about negative repping folks.  Was on another site and he and his troll negative rep everyone that disagreed with him or his buddies.

It's a sad pathetic internet out there...good grief

will you know who negative repped you, similar to pie, or will it be anonymous? 

I just think if it's known, someone who receives negative rep will simply retaliate and negative rep back in retaliation. 

also, if it's anonymous, you'll have people abusing the negative rep, especially against someone they dislike on the board, kinda like the one star bandits who seem to be lurking every time a new thread is created. 

3 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

I just think if it's known, someone who receives negative rep will simply retaliate and negative rep back in retaliation. 

also, if it's anonymous, you'll have people abusing the negative rep, especially against someone they dislike on the board, kinda like the one star bandits who seem to be lurking every time a new thread is created. 

You will be my first neg rep.

Nah...  a few years ago, I would've trusted the huddle with it, and I really wanted it back once it was gone.  But, as the culture of the internet and message boards has (d)evolved over time, I don't trust the huddle with it.  People no longer accept an argument as a difference of opinion, but instead take it personally.  This place has become far too clique-ish and would abuse the feature if given the chance.

It's no longer like the good old days where we neg repped opposing fans to the smack forum...  now panther fans can't be trusted to not use the same power to banish their own to the same fate.  A lot has changed in a few years...

I don't think it's a good idea. 

Reddit's upvote downvote system is SUPPOSED to be based on the merit's of a comments contribution to the conversation, however it has long since been an agree disagree button. 

Reddit's conversation's have thus substantially decreased because only circle jerk opinions are seen and anytime you arrive later to a thread and have a slightly dissenting, but supported opinion there is no conversation. 

Likewise, I think the hivemind would penetrate here as well and people would simply neg rep posts because others had. 

Further, there are some people who you know would abuse the hell out of neg rep and follow other users around just neg repping everything they say- so there would need to be a cap. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Oh Hell no.  You'll get every troll in here running negative repping just because they don't like you.

Sanjay knows all about negative repping folks.  Was on another site and he and his troll negative rep everyone that disagreed with him or his buddies.

@sanjay_rajput Do you really do things like this? I reccomend an outdoor hobby. Maybe rollerblades.

1 hour ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

lol @ one star bandits...

Just admit you sometimes start crappy threads that deserve it.

Also, you basically came out and said "I don't like Bronn" in one thread recently...

Because of this, and even though I feel I have been pretty even handed with everyone here, and if neg rep is brought back, @TheRed can count on me to also join his cause in giving you (and others here) a much needed dose.

Archived