• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Neg Rep back?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Absolutely yes. Have it so it shows who neg repped you to avoid any trolling. Would go a long way to some quality control on these boards, especially if the pie/rep threshold to post threads is raised.

Now that's an interesting thought. If you just have to have it, let people see who is doing the neg prepping, just like with pie. That would make for some potentially explosive dynamics, if not nurture a pretentious and contentious environment around here.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Now that's an interesting thought. If you just have to have it, let people see who is doing the neg prepping, just like with pie. That would make for some potentially explosive dynamics around here.

Also would show what users are abusing it and using it for personal attacks and not for neg repping poor content. Then drop the banhammer after a warning.

9 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Also would show what users are abusing it and using it for personal attacks and not for neg repping poor content. Then drop the banhammer after a warning.

I'm still against it, because of the politics of it all and potential for abuse regardless, but your proposal may just keep things in check---shed light on trolls and assholes and ultimately subject them to the banhammer. Another avenue for retribution that is arguably self-inflicted. That's some irony right there.

Who cares.

Its sad to see a bunch of grown men worry about some message board pie.

Majority of the regulars know who is going to post what by now so I don't think anyone even cares to look at ones pie. I can assure you that no one irl gives a flying f*ck how much pie you have on the huddle.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

But would it really reduce it, or (ironically) encourage more negativity?  I say the latter.

At least it's a click of a button rather than having to sift through pages of crap posts. I don't know you're probably right though.

1 hour ago, csx said:

Have a policy. Enforce it. Start there. Neg rep could work if it has consequences that are adhered to.

Enforcing the policies that are in place now would go a long way in making this place more tolerable, but for some reason they can't do that.

I wish the reporting function would alert the same way a mention, a quote, or a pie does here so I can glance at my phone at work and go straight to reported posts to ban people. That would be tight.

People get pissed that the mods are loose but it's tough to see every jackass in every thread all the time.

Archived