• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Neg Rep back?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

There is just too much immature and downright juvenile behavior in the Huddle for neg rep to be a tool of righteous moderation. It will mostly be a means to have some "get-back," regardless whether the post is truly deserving of some form of censoring or not. Moreover, neg rep will not be about posts, but posters---the people receiving it, and the people gratuitously doling it out.

There is a reason that you got rid of it in the first place, Jeremy. Some things are best left in the past. 

Neg rep... 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

There is just too much immature and downright juvenile behavior in the Huddle for neg rep to be a tool of righteous moderation. It will mostly be a means to have some "get-back," regardless whether the post is truly deserving of some form of censoring or not. Moreover, neg rep will not be about posts, but posters---the people receiving it, and the people gratuitously doling it out.

There is a reason that you got rid of it in the first place, Jeremy. Some things are best left in the past. 

what are we... Facebook?

0f010a8d726d62ca9af1e011dbb269b03f6226aa

btw

2 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

I'm all for neg rep. But I think it should be a separate counter from pie. Neg rep shouldn't count against pie, and vice versa. Both counters should be showed next to a poster's name like on a YouTube video

A "Fruit cake" button... nobody likes fruit cake, yet it's omnipresent around the holidays.

I think you should hire a Huddle shrink for all the psyche issues here.  Pie, rep, neg rep, swag.  Maybe you can give someone an internet "wedgie".  I am sure that would be the popular thing to do.  The internet.....don't believe the hype.

Absolutely yes. Have it so it shows who neg repped you to avoid any trolling. Would go a long way to some quality control on these boards, especially if the pie/rep threshold to post threads is raised.

Also have limits on the amount of neg rep that can be given in a time period, and from one person to another.

Keep it in this forum only though, cant imagine what would happen in the Tbox.

Archived