• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Neg Rep back?

Jeremy Igo

There is just too much immature and downright juvenile behavior in the Huddle for neg rep to be a tool of righteous moderation. It will mostly be a means to have some "get-back," regardless whether the post is truly deserving of some form of censoring or not. Moreover, neg rep will not be about posts, but posters---the people receiving it, and the people gratuitously doling it out.

There is a reason that you got rid of it in the first place, Jeremy. Some things are best left in the past. 

46 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I still kinda think the 100 posts to start a thread thing is kinda lame too. There might be good people out there ready to start a thread with insider info, but they can't until they post 100 times? I mean, for people like a bwood alt that isn't a problem... but for someone who lurks here for years? lol

Well you also have spam bots to worry about, so the rule is kind of needed to counter those.

26 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Well you also have spam bots to worry about, so the rule is kind of needed to counter those.

true... but don't you think they could drop it down to like 10 and still get the same result?

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Na, if you don't like a post, just click a button that says slap or something.  So it doesn't hurt rep.  

But, it will show who's liked and disliked the comment.  Mostly this way because people abuse the negative rep button.    

Yeah I agree. This place can get pretty volatile so neg rep would surely be abused. You could counter pie with something gross, like chard perhaps?

Archived