• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Neg Rep back?

Jeremy Igo

Yeah, that was the problem about Neg Rep... any really critical take could lead you to smack level.   The whole point of this place is to have dissenting views on the Panthers.  

So, although I really really think some should be neg repped into smackblivion it would lower the overall quality of the board.  Mods need to get in game shape that's all. 

I think we should count both pie and neg rep separately as the guy above says. That way we can prevent people from being downvoted into oblivion but still be able to show people that we disagree with what is being said.

I also don't think having a lot of neg rep should be bad. Its just a reflection of the kind of poster you are. The mods can handle administration.

4 minutes ago, Jangler said:

But I'll be honest. My first few days on the Huddle, I said something about Mike Minters knees, somebody didn't like it....and was negged into smack, and it took awhile to get out. So, some people are so ready to hand out negativity, that in the long run, it will discourage new members from hanging around reading all year. 

Exactly my point, that's why if there's a post you don't like, it's better to press dislike or something of that nature without the ramifications of negative rep.  Why this hasn't been done yet, is beyond me.  It's a simple solution.  

1 minute ago, ncsu12engr said:

I kind of like the idea of having negative rep be a separate count to Pie. Don't have it directly affect a posters pie count, but have it be a number beside pie. I'm sure someone could come up with a clever name for it.

But some would still use neg rep for spite/revenge, neg repping decent posts just because somebody's pissed at somebody.

I like the idea of a thumbs down for a particular post, and leave it at that.

16 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I say we have a purge and everyone gets reset to zero, and then the ability to pie is taken away again for a while.

I tried that..(but was zapped.....sssshhhhhh). a couple of months ago, only me baby.

I remember when this song about mushrooms....

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

Everyone worried about some kind of neg rep retribution. Maybe you should stop going around pissing each other off all the damn time. 

I think you're misinterpreting what we're saying.  People will negative rep regardless, is what everyone is trying to state.    

Archived