• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A tale of two reps....

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Good breakdown by Sherman on how to mirror receivers at the line of scrimmage. 

LB corp  should work with DBs 

@KB_fan

@Jeremy Igo

Time marker :51 

Difference being it's not a db lined up with a WR on the line of scrimmage. It's a lb behind the line then covering a rb coming from behind the other side of the line.

There is much less chance a lb can legally jam a rb  given the layout.

28 minutes ago, csx said:

Difference being it's not a db lined up with a WR on the line of scrimmage. It's a lb behind the line then covering a rb coming from behind the other side of the line.

There is much less chance a lb can legally jam a rb  given the layout.

The concept of coverage is still similiar if you watch the video,  Sherman explains that it's better to stay still instead of hopping around until the receiver goes outside of your body frame  then hop out of your stance. 

If you watch CMC he sets up the fake where he acts like he is going to break out in the same direction as 56 is moving towards then cuts away from his momentum. 

If I am defender I try to stay parallel then break out of my stance after he makes his cut.

Of course the defender has to have quickness to cut his angle off. The Panthers lbs can have better success against him but only few teams have LB corp like Panthers. 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Jangler said:

thinking and trying too hard, most likely. but can you really blame him?

Nah, I don't blame him at all. Anybody can have a bad rep or even a bad day and I don't expect him to run routes like CMC  anyway. Let's be honest here, CMC has been practicing this stuff all his life and he had a real life NFL WR to teach him.

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Nah, I don't blame him at all. Anybody can have a bad rep or even a bad day and I don't expect him to run routes like CMC  anyway. Let's be honest here, CMC has been practicing this stuff all his life and he had a real life NFL WR to teach him.

yeah, that and until we play Houston, I can't believe anything from TC.

Archived