• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Goatberry

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

But yet it was a priority because he ignored it for 4 years and let our all pro walk lol

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think this is the year that once it ends no one is questioning the Norman move anymore.  We offered him 11 mil per and he didn't take it and even at this very point we are getting better value out of CB1 for 580k than we would out of Norman at 13 mil per (16 that he's getting from the Redskins.  The second Ginn was dusting him head to head last year while he was making 16 mil it was time to let that go.  Notice how the Redskins last year had the best WR corps in the league and literally had to lose most of it because they paid a corner that they didn't even let cover AB 16 mil.  Bradberry is young and making pennies and pretty much already outperforming Norman and that gap will widen exponentially as JB gets experience and JNo gets closer to the CB age cliff.  

Could have kept a lot of players we said no to. Sometimes you pay what it takes and sometimes you don't. Those are the decisions GM's get paid to make. In Norman's case I have no problem with the Skins paying out the ass for him, vs. us.

Cool, it's good to think like that before you go 6-10 with Julio setting a 300 yard record on you and having one of the worse secondarys in the league more importantly you didn't do anything to improve the team in the off season even if you exclude norman, this is all fresh off a trip to the superbowl. Those are also the type of decisions that get GMs fired.....that did happen right?  

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

Cool, it's good to think like that before you go 6-10 with Julio setting a 300 yard record on you and having one of the worse secondarys in the league, this is all fresh off a trip to the superbowl. Those are also the type of decisions that get GMs fired.....oh wait, that happened didn't it?

You're welcome to think it would have been a good idea to break the bank to keep Norman, but don't give me the fairy tale that Norman would have gotten the team back to the playoffs last season.

You're welcome to think it would have been a good idea to break the bank to keep Norman, but don't give me the fairy tale that Norman would have gotten the team back to the playoffs last season.

Well I wont you give that fairy tale as long as you dont give me one that Josh all of a sudden turned into a bad player after he left....cool?

29 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Cool, it's good to think like that before you go 6-10 with Julio setting a 300 yard record on you and having one of the worse secondarys in the league more importantly you didn't do anything to improve the team in the off season even if you exclude norman, this is all fresh off a trip to the superbowl. Those are also the type of decisions that get GMs fired.....that did happen right?  

And replaced by the gut who brought you 2-14 :(

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Well I wont you give that fairy tale as long as you dont give me one that Josh all of a sudden turned into a bad player after he left....cool?

I didn't post anything that implied he wasn't a good CB before or after he left. He obviously played too risky early on in his career but he's always had talent. I just don't think he warrants that huge contract. There are times when you have to let big talent move on, and I agreed with this particular move. I think we'd have been better off signing some good, experienced talent at CB, as a stop gap if nothing else, instead of throwing 2 rookies to the wolves, but that's another story.

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Good lord, let it go. Our secondary is looking to be pretty solid this season and that's all that matters now. 

I think Bradberry is going to have  a great season, but why do I get the feeling that this thread will quickly turn into everybody bashing KB for a lack of effort?

Because it is a lack of effort he don't even try to go after the ball after it's tipped in the air and Bradberry turns all the way around and dives for it. KB just stops on the play. I really think if he has another just subpar year if we don't just let him go.

The thing Gettleman did wrong and this is why I'm glad he is gone. Is you play around with the damn franchise tag on him so long while all the good free agent cbs are getting signed. Then guess what oh Norman we are going to take tag away see ya. Then there is no cbs out there worth a damn. Yeah he is so smart, glad his ass is gone.

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

Because it is a lack of effort he don't even try to go after the ball after it's tipped in the air and Bradberry turns all the way around and dives for it. KB just stops on the play. I really think if he has another just subpar year if we don't just let him go.

I'm wondering if some of you have ever done any of this stuff even in the back yard when you were a kid. It's a lot easier for the guy who tipped the ball to know where it's going and therefore have a quicker reaction to it. If you really watch this, you will see that Bradberry turned around in mid air for this very reason, whereas KB is still facing the other way and has no chance to go after the ball. Besides that, when Bradberry jumps, the ball is going over his head so his momentum has to be going backward, whereas KB's momentum is going in the opposite direction because the ball was short for him. This is not complicated  stuff and it has noting to do with effort.

I'm wondering if some of you have ever done any of this stuff even in the back yard when you were a kid. It's a lot easier for the guy who tipped the ball to know where it's going and therefore have a quicker reaction to it. If you really watch this, you will see that Bradberry turned around in mid air for this very reason, whereas KB is still facing the other way and has no chance to go after the ball. Besides that, when Bradberry jumps, the ball is going over his head so his momentum has to be going backward, whereas KB's momentum is going in the opposite direction because the ball was short for him. This is not complicated  stuff and it has noting to do with effort.

I think it's complicated for you lol. His momentum is going forward and then he turns and jumps for the ball. It's time for Benjamin to step up and if not this year then he should be gone.

Archived