• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On the CMC ankle breakings...

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

McC is going to learn you can't just cut back in like you could in college and outrun everyone.  I'm hoping he does, but it's going to be an adjustment.  

College football isn't exactly pee wee league, and I'm sure he already knows there's a big difference between college ball and the NFL. He didn't outrun everyone in college games either, but running to space and avoiding tacklers is basic and learned early, otherwise you don't even get to play RB in college. I don't think he'll have trouble adjusting at all. He won't dominate like he did in college, but who does?

8 hours ago, ShutDwn said:

Would you say that about Fournette? CMC was more durable while averaging more touches and that's not including punt returns or kick returns. 

Yes, NFL is an another level. Macs foot speed is his advantage, will that remain if he sprains an ankle or calf. I do know he's smart about getting treatment, which is a huge plus. Most rookies are lazy or just believe they're bulletproof, so why bother. He's a veteran already in some aspects. 

Pictured- CMC with joe skipper

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

The standard Leonard Fournette run meets the standard NFL defensive lineman.

https://giant.gfycat.com/HealthyNextGodwit.gif

to be fair that dude had busted through the line before fournette could even sniff the line of scrimmage . If their oline is garbage Fournette will probably look alot like he did playing nfl defenses as when he went against Alabama, running into brick walls . Because lord knows, this man is not terribly elusive 

I think it might end up being a huge blessing that the Jags took him and so we could take McCaffrey instead. 

25 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

to be fair that dude had busted through the line before fournette could even sniff the line of scrimmage . If their oline is garbage Fournette will probably look alot like he did playing nfl defenses as when he went against Alabama, running into brick walls . Because lord knows, this man is not terribly elusive 

I think it might end up being a huge blessing that the Jags took him and so we could take McCaffrey instead. 

There is no doubt.

He would probably look great with the Cowboys....but many would.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:25 PM, Basbear said:

Yes, NFL is an another level. Macs foot speed is his advantage, will that remain if he sprains an ankle or calf. I do know he's smart about getting treatment, which is a huge plus. Most rookies are lazy or just believe they're bulletproof, so why bother. He's a veteran already in some aspects. 

Pictured- CMC with joe skipper

That's one of his advantages, but far from the only one.  As much as his foot speed, I'd say that his vision and patience are just as important to his success.  He also has extraordinary route running for a RB.  So he should still be effective with a minor injury, but just like with every player, a major lower body injury would derail him.

Archived