• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On the CMC ankle breakings...

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I also can't wait to see Samuel do SOMETHING. He's starting to worry me.

Why? Were you expecting Samual to have an immediate week one impact?

He's being brought along so hell be healthy.  Yes, his learning is being limited somewhat, but I'm not worried. I'd rather that dynamic be added late in season anyways, just when defenses think they can adjust to our offense...

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Why? Were you expecting Samual to have an immediate week one impact?

He's being brought along so hell be healthy.  Yes, his learning is being limited somewhat, but I'm not worried. I'd rather that dynamic be added late in season anyways, just when defenses think they can adjust to our offense...

He's the 2nd round pick and one of the most productive offensive players in the draft so I definitely  expect him to have SOME impact as a rookie, don't you? The further he gets behind, the harder it will be for him because nobody will know if they can trust him or not.

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

My biggest current question is -how will he respond to NFL hits and tackling. When he's not 100% cause strains, bruises, sprains etc. Hes as fresh as possible right now, will that be the case once he has an MCL sprain?  

Would you say that about Fournette? CMC was more durable while averaging more touches and that's not including punt returns or kick returns. 

57 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

He's the 2nd round pick and one of the most productive offensive players in the draft so I definitely  expect him to have SOME impact as a rookie, don't you? The further he gets behind, the harder it will be for him because nobody will know if they can trust him or not.

You didn't answer my question. Was that by design?  I understand he is a 2nd round draft pick. I understand his talent. Yes, i expect some impact as a rookie, but seriously, how much impact did you expect from him week 1?

Did you expect him to ve in the starting lineup week 1?

Did you expect him to beat out to be the starting slot receiver week 1?

24 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You didn't answer my question. Was that by design?  I understand he is a 2nd round draft pick. I understand his talent. Yes, i expect some impact as a rookie, but seriously, how much impact did you expect from him week 1?

Yeah, I think Shepard has pretty much taken the job. I don't think it was a given that a healthy Samuel would start when the coaches CLEARLY favor vets, especially when it's a nuanced position like the slot and a wrong move is a pick six.

Funchess missed a bit of time and wasn't really coming into his own till midseason. Samuel actually played WR before this but I think expectations need to adjust. 

42 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Was what by design? I'm saying that he's getting further and further behind and there is no way in hell that is by design or can be considered a good thing. And yes, I most definitely expected him to either start or to get at least 10 touches week 1 in some form or other besides being a return man. He's a playmaker and that's why they drafted him. I really don't even understand what you're arguing about.

2 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Was what by design? I'm saying that he's getting further and further behind and there is no way in hell that is by design or can be considered a good thing. And yes, I most definitely expected him to either start or to get at least 10 touches week 1 in some form or other besides being a return man. He's a playmaker and that's why they drafted him. I really don't even understand what you're arguing about.

I'm not arguing. 

I'm  discussing the fact the expectations of him being a week 1 starter, was unrealistic, at best. 

Even if he was healthy, he had an uphill battle to win a starting position week 1.  It's still officially training camp. Not even preseason. I understand every rep counts, but I'd rather get this playmaker back when he's 100%. There is no reason to rush. We aren't desperate for him to chance making his injury worse. 

When he is healthy, he'll play, and he'll have his impact - from a supportive role until he has earned more.

I'm not bothering to respond to your first question, cause reading comprehension failed you there.

He's going to be interesting to watch.  In defense of Keuchly/TD, their job is to take away the outer edge and get him turned inside where help exists.  Luke/TD are so good they usually take the direct angles and take them out.  McC is going to learn you can't just cut back in like you could in college and outrun everyone.  I'm hoping he does, but it's going to be an adjustment.  

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I'm not arguing. 

I'm  discussing the fact the expectations of him being a week 1 starter, was unrealistic, at best. 

Even if he was healthy, he had an uphill battle to win a starting position week 1.  It's still officially training camp. Not even preseason. I understand every rep counts, but I'd rather get this playmaker back when he's 100%. There is no reason to rush. We aren't desperate for him to chance making his injury worse. 

When he is healthy, he'll play, and he'll have his impact - from a supportive role until he has earned more.

I'm not bothering to respond to your first question, cause reading comprehension failed you there.

It doesn't even really matter if he's considered a starter or not. Only 2 guys can "start" at WR anyway. The point is that we need him to contribute on offense. Samuel is not Odell Beckham. He is very raw as a WR and he needs every rep he can get just to get himself semi competent at the WR position, much less be a star.

Archived