• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This one goes out to all the haters....

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Bersin is the only player on the roster who gets bashed for doing his job making good football plays. Somehow it's his fault that people can't beat him out of his job. It's impossible for him to win here.

I think what upsets people is that the front office hasn't given us a better 4th or 5th WR option to beat Bersin out of his job.  We want someone better.  Nothing against the man for trying...but he wouldn't be on any other NFL roster.

5 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

bersin has always performed well in TC and preseason, which is why he always lands a roster spot. 

i just want to see one regular season game where bersin goes for something like 5/120/1 ... 

Don't know about that but he was the team-leading receiver in Carolina's win in TB in 2015 - 4 catches on 4 targets for 54 yards.

Bersin outside of punt returns which was a no win situation for him anyway has consistently been the least of our worries at the WR position and our roster as a whole.

Why anyone spends any time at all bitching about him being here is just ridiculous.

1 minute ago, carolina-chuck3 said:

Five other guys? Lol what five? 

You meant the five guys that are getting reps in TC? The five guys whom havent shown or prove they can return punts. 

Thats what I thought.

You're exhausting. You know as well as I do that there is not a chance in hell that Bersin will be our starting punt returner. Also, there is certainly no guarantee that any of those other guys, including CMC will not muff one from time to time. It happens, especially to guys who have never done it in their entire lives.

14 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

You're exhausting. You know as well as I do that there is not a chance in hell that Bersin will be our starting punt returner. Also, there is certainly no guarantee that any of those other guys, including CMC will not muff one from time to time. It happens, especially to guys who have never done it in their entire lives.

feed not the trolls friend

I think a lot of the "hate" directed toward Bersin is simply venting of frustration about the WR corps in general. Bersin does everything he's supposed to do, he's just not an NFL caliber WR. He shouldn't be on a roster, yet he continually makes our roster because of our weak WR corps and possibly because he's the unofficial adopted grandson of JR.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think a lot of the "hate" directed toward Bersin is simply venting of frustration about the WR corps in general. Bersin does everything he's supposed to do, he's just not an NFL caliber WR. He shouldn't be on a roster, yet he continually makes our roster because of our weak WR corps and possibly because he's the unofficial adopted grandson of JR.

Yet, he's the one everybody takes it out on. Why? He is just a back up WR who has done everything the coaches have ever asked him to do. Why don't people say the same things about Byrd, who has done less in regular season games than Bersin did at the same point in his career?

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Yet, he's the one everybody takes it out on. Why? He is just a back up WR who has done everything the coaches have ever asked him to do. Why don't people say the same things about Byrd, who has done less in regular season games than Bersin did at the same point in his career?

I do about Byrd. Everyone counting on Byrd is ignoring the fact that he's done very little on a football field at a high level of competition, dating back to his college days. People just like Byrd because he can run fast in a straight line in shorts and they want mode speed in our WD corps.

I think the hate on Bersin is two fold. One, people don't view him as an NFL caliber WR yet here he is perpetually on our roster. Two, people see the ties to JR and openly question if that plays a role in the former.

If all our other receivers had the determination and work ethic to match Bersin, Bersin wouldn't be in the hunt for a WR position.  He surely doesn't have the pure athletic gifts of our other pass-catchers, but he makes the absolute most of his hands, relative speed, and smarts that he's got - with the opportunity that only JR as an owner could give him.  It's unlikely that he'd catch on with another team if cut, but damn if the kid doesn't work his tail off to try and make the team.

Bersin is the rusty utility knife in the bottom of your tool box.  Not the tool you reach for first but sometimes when you need it, you reach for it and it gets the job done reliably.  Important thing is that when you reach for it you have to know what its limits are and what to expect out of it.

I think people want a more dynamic big play threat guy with potential and flash over this cause Bersin is boring.  In contrast, I suspect the coaches want and value reliability from a 5th or 6th receiver. 

Archived