• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Worley intercepts over Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

I think the truth of this play is somewhere in the middle of everyone's opinions. DA obviously threw a horrible pass. But from the gif you can see it was still completely catchable by KB, and if he had been using his size and talent to the fullest, Worley wouldn't have had a chance in the position he was in. Bad pass or not, KB didn't even try to come down with this ball. Then again, KB has made some spectacular catches just this camp alone, even after his mom passed. I'm not going to come down too hard on him right now. It's camp. KB is a vet and uber talented. DA is a backup for a reason. And Worley made the play you'd expect a starting corner to make when the QB throws a bad pass and the receiver gets lazy. 

If KB gets lazy and costs us games this season, let his ass walk in FA. Don't need lazy players on our team no matter how fan-favorite they are (Hello Deangelo). This needs to be DA's last season with us. He was a train wreck when he filled in for Cam last season, and if he's throwing horrible passes in camp, he doesn't have the luxury of being Cam to save him from being cut. Keep him around this year and then cut him after the season. Webb gives us everything we need in a backup and maybe Gilbert can serve the DA role from now on. 

And no, this wasn't a spectacular play by Worley. I won't claim that it was. He just made the play you'd expect him to make. But the fact remains that he hustled and made the play. And for that, I give him props.

1 hour ago, jumpman910 said:

He made a play that most athletes could make with the type of pass DA threw, impressive part was coming down with the ball without dropping it. 

I don't know about that. We have had a lot of corners come through here who couldn't make that play. Hell, we have a couple on the roster right now who couldn't make that play. 

22 hours ago, Bartin said:

Great play by Worley.

Hard to fault KB much there. Not too sure what else he could have done. Looks like he is just finishing breaking inside then looks up to find the ball coming outside and over him. At that point he is pretty much caught in no man's land.

Atrocious pass and even worse decision to throw the pass in the first place. The hell would you throw an outside jump ball against a CB with outside leverage. Whoever threw that deserved to have it picked off.

Not trying to take anything away from Worley either. Full credit goes to him for capitalizing on the mistake which is what 90% of INTs come from.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad pass.

It went to the outside shoulder. DB typically would have been playing inside technique, hence a throw to that spot would have beaten it. Worley shifts to where he can get to it and makes the play.

Makes me wonder if he recognized where the ball was gonna be headed.

Archived