• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Worley intercepts over Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

I was hard on Worley early on, but honestly it wasn't his fault that we were in a position to have to force a 3rd round rookie into an immediate starting role. Had we not been in a very bad spot at CB on our roster, Worley was probably a guy who would've seen the field sparingly through the first few weeks of the season at least. He wasn't ready and it was very painfully obvious but to his credit he didn't quit and he steadily improved over the course of the season. I look forward to seeing what he'll look like after a full NFL off-season under his belt. Bradberry too for that matter, but Bradberry far exceeded my expectations as a rookie.

To put it in perspective with Worley, imagine Hall, this year's 3rd rounder beinf forced to start. I think the guy has a ton of potential, but in a starting role I'd bet money on him looking BAD.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

he lost his mom just like he lost that ball to eric berry against the chiefs

i always thought it'd be the 2012 falcons game my psyche suppressed but no it's this one

i watched this game but I have no memory of it, just a fleeting image of KB curling over into a pile of defenders and dying 

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Benji, however, still shows up to camp overweight

Not overweight..looks to be in great shape.

Give the guy a break. It is very tough to go through a loss like he has had...may take him a while to feel like himself out there.

Worley, as most have said, came on in the last quarter of last season. I personally feel that Bradberry and Worley will be made to look a lot better with Mike Adams at SS and Kurt Coleman back at FS. With zone defense, the safeties and linebackers are often what dictates where the QB is going to go with the ball; with Kuechly back and Coleman back to his natural position, I would expect the pass defense to improve dramatically. 

Archived