• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Worley intercepts over Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Don't give me that. He was lazy before he lost his mom. You think DBs are gonna give a damn once September rolls around? Ha!

I would say he has shown some inconsistency at times. Can't argue that.

I can argue however about how necessary it is for you to sit there and embarrass the huddle by behaving like a belligerent lunatic over one play in training camp.

8 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Excellent INT by Worley, gotta give credit where credit is due, but damn that was a pretty horrible pass right there.  Can't say I see it as KB being lazy...

Barely hopped for it. He could have used his body to cut Worley off in a number of ways and didn't even begin to. 

Dude should be catching passes over and around smaller guys and ripping balls out of their hands. A slow receiver can't afford to let the size advantage go to waste on plays.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I'm being honest. He's been given enough time to kick his old habits. Benji, however, still shows up to camp overweight, drops gimmes, and gives up on routes. We're going into his fourth season. The time to be nurturing has ended. He needs a kick in the ass.

Hopefully Taylor makes him better but I've seen little changes from Benjamin. He's a behemoth. He needs to start playing like one in crunch time.

It's almost like they're in practice and everyone will have a bad clip? Woah...

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I'm being honest. He's been given enough time to kick his old habits. Benji, however, still shows up to camp overweight, drops gimmes, and gives up on routes. We're going into his fourth season. The time to be nurturing has ended. He needs a kick in the ass.

Hopefully Taylor makes him better but I've seen little changes from Benjamin. He's a behemoth. He needs to start playing like one in crunch time.

I'm waiting to see how he responds to all this in real games when the season begins. If the same issues are still prevalent then I will be just as concerned as you.

KB's failure might sooth your own ego, but it will hurt the team, so put aside your own selfish need to reaffirm your biases, and hope that he takes the next step, and his teammates rally around him. We need KB to be successful if we want a Lombardi trophy. We probably aren't going to catch lightning in a bottle again riding on the back of Cam Newton to the Super Bowl like we did in 2015 with a journeyman WR bust like Ted Ginn.

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Barely hopped for it. He could have used his body to cut Worley off in a number of ways and didn't even begin to. 

Dude should be catching passes over and around smaller guys and ripping balls out of their hands. A slow receiver can't afford to let the size advantage go to waste on plays.

Come on now...that throw was god awful.  It was so bad you would think that Worley was the offensive player in the drill.  I'm not saying Benji doesn't deserve some of the $hit people say on here, but that particular play, there wasn't anything he could do.

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

So we're going to disregard him coming off a injury in his 2nd year and still almost getting 1000, lazy or not he's still productive. And y'all do realize if he would've been healthy EVERY season he'd still be on pace right behind Beckham and Evans?  So his projections would be higher than Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Cooks, and Landry for yards and touchdowns. 

He also had a lower drop % then Cooper, Watkins, Nuk, OBJ, Evans, Matthews, and Robinson. The only big time wr that dropped fewer passes then KB than entered the league around the same time was Landry. 

These all could also be arguments to why his laziness at times is a problem because he could be THAT much more productive if he would be consistent. But to act like KB is just garbage is an awful reach. 

11 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Come on now...that throw was god awful.  It was so bad you would think that Worley was the offensive player in the drill.  I'm not saying Benji doesn't deserve some of the $hit people say on here, but that particular play, there wasn't anything he could do.

Bingo

Archived