• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daeshon Hall vs Taylor Moton

Jeremy Igo

Maybe the gross/peppers of the future?

A guy can dream, right?

Seriously I think we've got a couple solid future starters there. Maybe not any time soon as far as hall is concerned but eventually I think it's a good possibility.

From an OL prospective, a better DL would have gotten inside relatively easy. Hall gets moton off balance and shoulders and hips turned but he recovers quickly because of excellent hand placement. Id like to see a stronger inside plant/drive leg by moton to prevent a more polished defender from crossing his face.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

40 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hurts that corn and samuel are dealing with injuries, but i still feel the 2017 draft has 5 legit players(plus a couple UDFAs)

Currently got high hopes for both these players, in the now and future too. Never been a Williams fan, I like Morton better right now for RT. Hall should be able to make a small impact as part of a DL rotation. 

Don't sleep on Armah and Butker for the future.

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Or the GOAT Philly Brown

amirite?

Yeah yeah. Never made a claim that he'd be better than a solid #3. I still like the kid but I've moved on from him. Shep's time to shine now.

Moton needs better arm extension at contact and is vulnerable to an inside move.  Hall attempts and inside move, but has a weak rip with his left arm.  That saves Moton, who was a bit over his feet so he grabs with his left hand, which is why the rip was weak. .  Both need work, but we all knew that.

4 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Let Hall focus on his hand work and watch out in a year or two. 

FTFY

Like most young, talented pass rushers Hall basically just tried to run by Moton and when that failed basically just tried to run through him. Once that failed, he just started flailing. There was one sloppy punch in there toward the end, but he was already engulfed at that point and it was over.

And I hate to burst bubbles, but Moton wasn't as good there as he looked at initial glance. He was pretty badly out of position overplaying the outside when Hall cut back inside. If Hall would've put a swim move with his outside arm on him right there, he's by him easily with a free lane to the QB.

Archived