• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what are we not seeing on the practice field?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I did see at least one bubble screen to Bersin. So yeah, maybe. 

That may be the dumbest play in the history of football. Even if nobody knows it's coming and nobody's within 20 yards of Bersin at the snap, that play will not have a good outcome. Can't believe we how many times we tried it on 3rd down in 2014...

1 hour ago, arbnranger said:

From watching the players speak to the media at the press conference, I got the sense they were excited ( Especially JStew) but tight lipped..as they should be.

Yes, I was impressed.  Stew was quite cautious in what he said.  Not only about the playbook, but private meeting room conversations.  Good for him.

If we dont have sets with CMC/ Stew and CMC/Samuel together in the backfield planned for the regular season, fire Shula now.

CMC/Samuel in particular excites me. Both guys can take a handoff from the backfield, run a route from the backfield, or motion out wide and become a WR. IMO, those two in the backfield together gives us our most intriguing matchup issues for defenses, particularly with Olsen in the slot. On paper, you have a 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR set. Most teams will counter this with either their base D or nickel. What in reality might be coming at them could be the equivalent of a 5 wide set. We may still not have a great WR corps on paper, but we definitely have some offensive weapons that should really excite offensive coaches. I really wamt Samuel to get healthy soon...

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we dont have sets with CMC/ Stew and CMC/Samuel together in the backfield planned for the regular season, fire Shula now.

CMC/Samuel in particular excites me. Both guys can take a handoff from the backfield, run a route from the backfield, or motion out wide and become a WR. IMO, those two in the backfield together gives us our most intriguing matchup issues for defenses, particularly with Olsen in the slot. On paper, you have a 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR set. Most teams will counter this with either their base D or nickel. What in reality might be coming at them could be the equivalent of a 5 wide set. We may still not have a great WR corps on paper, but we definitely have some offensive weapons that should really excite offensive coaches. I really wamt Samuel to get healthy soon...

hhhmmmmm....

Archived