• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Projection - Updated

Jeremy Igo

Good stuff, minor questions with that list. 10 OLmen, I could easily see Scott cut and hang around locally. Same for Ben Jacobs. The 5th WR for me needs to be the main punt returner(kick off too). Fozzy could be on the roster if you drop Jacobs/scott, he's a good overall STer too(member stews injury history). Dan France could be favored over scott too, same for Yankey.

I could see this too, Panthers play dave-ball with Gano. He's due 4million and no guarantees. They could off a new 4year 12 million deal with 4 million in guarantees(via his 2017 salary) and if Gano turns his nose up.......begin the Butler era.  That way the 7th rounder isnt a waste either way. gettleherniamugic.

I feel everyone should have the same 45 players, maybe one of the easiest roster projections in years. There's always a surprise or two, last year was Jared Norris, who got more ST snaps than cash. 

RoaringRiot Report has a roster projection out and they have an interesting take on the CAP vs. Fozzy question.  They suggest that we'll keep all 4 RBs (Stew, CMC, Fozzy & CAP) and NOT keep a fullback.

Running Backs: Jonathan Stewart, Christian McCaffrey, Cameron Artis-Payne, Fozzy Whittaker. At this point, all four running backs have performed admirably enough to earn a roster spot. However, I’ve not seen enough from either fullback to warrant a roster spot. With the offense evolving and NFL teams beginning to phase out the fullback position, the Panthers may choose to go this way. This obviously could change, but if the season started today, I believe you’d see one of the fullbacks on the practice squad before the main roster. Artis-Payne could play the role of “fullback” if necessary,

Hmmmm.... food for thought.

Link:  https://theriotreport.com/carolina-panthers-early-roster-projection-1-0/

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

RoaringRiot Report has a roster projection out and they have an interesting take on the CAP vs. Fozzy question.  They suggest that we'll keep all 4 RBs (Stew, CMC, Fozzy & CAP) and NOT keep a fullback.

Hmmmm.... food for thought.

Link:  https://theriotreport.com/carolina-panthers-early-roster-projection-1-0/

After acquiring 2, I don't see it

7 hours ago, csx said:

After acquiring 2, I don't see it

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I agree with you.  I think that Darrel Young is pretty sure to make it... but it was an interesting wrinkle to consider.

Josh and I discussed it in the car this morning. Basically we agreed that with the Panthers/Cam preferring the shotgun + them barely/never using much I formation + the different skills that both CAP and Fozzy bring to the table + neither FB doing much of anything + the lineups he's seen in practice thus far = no FB on the roster. 

Keep in mind this is after one week, but it's definitely interesting to watch. Especially since Igo agrees Armah isn't going to make it. That leaves Young or no one. 

8 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I agree with you.  I think that Darrel Young is pretty sure to make it... but it was an interesting wrinkle to consider.

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

Josh and I discussed it in the car this morning. Basically we agreed that with the Panthers/Cam preferring the shotgun + them barely/never using much I formation + the different skills that both CAP and Fozzy bring to the table + neither FB doing much of anything + the lineups he's seen in practice thus far = no FB on the roster. 

Keep in mind this is after one week, but it's definitely interesting to watch. Especially since Igo agrees Armah isn't going to make it. That leaves Young or no one. 

I know he's a favorite to bash, but Dickson and even manhertz can do "some" FB stuff as H-backs. Again ive been doing rosters for years, special teams ALWAYS gets overlooked, every year. Tolbert saw a drop in O snaps, not on STs. Tolbert made the calls on punts and field goals(timing, direction, adjustments, etc). I could easily see the Panthers go no FB, unless either make a huge leap on STs. 

Archived