• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Projection - Updated

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Keeping Larson and Gradkowski? I don't know.  Don't they both do basically the same thing, backup center that can play guard.  I would think one or the other.

Well, they needed all three last year didn't they. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Larson was sign mid season, if I remember correctly.  I don't know if it was from someone practice squad or not but that is why they have the practice squad.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

But Larsen & Gradkowski weren't on the roster simultaneously most of the time.  Even with all the O-line chaos last year, we only kept 10 O-line on the roster in 3 weeks.  Here's the breakdown of who was on the roster each week and who played when:

597f1775c5126_Oline2017.thumb.png.3c2150883b03ca62f35e18d42dad9636.png

The percentages are snaps played.  Yellow shading was an attempt to identify games when our starters were not playing their normal position, just to show the disruption to our line last year.

Actually, now that I look more closely at my own table above (which I created back in March, so the data wasn't so fresh in my mind), we had 3 centers on the roster for 8 weeks of the season / 2 centers for 8 weeks of the season.  But there was only 1 week of the 8 where all three centers were active.

I guess a lot comes down to how confident we are in Larsen... Can we afford to let Gradkowski go? 

Also, Marty seems to value O-line more than DG, so that could lead to a change that would mean we keep 10.  It would be interesting to look back at O-line rosters under Hurney, but I don't have the time this week.

Archived