• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LOL, Fuggin Norwell, Amiright?

Jeremy Igo

34 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Humorously ironic that Olsen was the "he don't want none!" guy after dodging his 'matchup' with Pep.

That was the whole point as to why he did that, even mentioned it on twitter how everyone was in on the joke except CJ  yelling out 'he don't want none'. 

I remember we used to call it Oklahoma drill but it was a little different. Two players started on their back about 7 yards apart, with two cones in the middle  representing the goal line. One was the ball carrier, the other was the defense. The whistle blows, you get up and head straight towards each other. Normally the one who got up the quickest and got the momentum would win. The whole team watching normally brought out the best in everyone. 

I remember we used to call it Oklahoma drill but it was a little different. Two players started on their back about 7 yards apart, with two cones in the middle  representing the goal line. One was the ball carrier, the other was the defense. The whistle blows, you get up and head straight towards each other. Normally the one who got up the quickest and got the momentum would win. The whole team watching normally brought out the best in everyone. 

There are a metric poo ton of variations, I grew up with a different more aggressive version, similar to yours but not laying on the ground and with a blocker for the ball carrier.
Which is something NFL teams never do now, injury risk too high. But man was it fun, I remember looking forward to the first padded practice all through summer.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

42 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

That is the way we did it. I didn't mind going against bigger guys as long as they weren't bigger and faster. Most times I was up with the ball and moving toward the line while they were still getting up. It wasn't I was so much faster, it was I was playing with fear of getting crunched. I played safety at 150lbs in high school. Had to make up for lack of size with speed and effort. We never had an option to decline.....

We used to do something called "Bull in the Ring".  One player would get in the middle of a human circle made up of your teammates.  The coaches would silently call out players making up the circle to run as fast as possible and smash the "bull" in the middle of the circle.  Not sure of the purpose of this drill, but it sure taught you to keep your head on a swivel.  LOL.

Archived