• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'll say this about Ben Boulware

Jeremy Igo

14 hours ago, Matthias said:

Shaq and TD need a backup.  I think last year Jeremy Cash played a role there, but there's talk about moving him to safety.  Whether they do that or not, I personally don't think it would matter.  I would put Cash and Boulware on an even playing field for the back up position. (Of course Cash has shown to be a good special teams player)

It still baffles me that we wanted Cash to move to LB when the position was stacked and we were starved for talent at safety. Seems to be a classic case of over-complicating what should have been a no brainer move. 

14 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

It still baffles me that we wanted Cash to move to LB when the position was stacked and we were starved for talent at safety. Seems to be a classic case of over-complicating what should have been a no brainer move. 

He wasn't a good pure safety in college.

Boulware is the guy that runs down at 200% speed on the opening kickoff and ends someone's life and acts like he won the superbowl about it.  That when he's on your team it gets you up off the couch yelling after 1 play and if he's on the other team you're like 'dude it's not the superbowl get over it'.

I hope I see that on some opening kickoffs.  We've missed that player for a while.

Could completely believe us keeping him.  While I hope it never happens, Luke has to be on thin ice with these concussions...wouldn't be surprised if they keep him around and let him learn from the best MLB in the league, just incase one day he needs to fill his shoes.

If you've got two of the greatest linebackers to play the game (TD and Luke), with one at the twilight of his career and the other one just one more concussion away from leaving the game, you have to find a way to put a guy like Boulware on your team. The lifetime of players in this league is too short and finding a berserker with a brain like him isn't so easy. You have to grab those fellows while you can. Stick him on special teams and let him wreak havoc while he learns (and puts on muscle mass).

And do not try to get cutesy and try to stash him on the practice squad. Some guy like Belichick is just watching, waiting for him to hit that waiver wire.

Seven linebackers, because we can get to five far to quickly for comfort.

19 hours ago, KSpan said:

MLB and OLB are very different positions, as evidenced by watching Luke and Beason both be quite mediocre at OLB. Will be interesting to see how they use Boulware in the preseason but he seems like much more of a true MLB than anything else.

He always seemed like an outside linebacker in college.  I'll have to look at some highlight videos of his, but I thought he played OLB with Clemson.

Archived