• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'll say this about Ben Boulware

Jeremy Igo

54 minutes ago, ncsu12engr said:

Really looking forward to seeing him get lots of play time during the preseason games. I'm not sure there is a roster spot for him right now, but hopefully I'm wrong.

When preseason starts he's practicing for 31 other teams.  We have damn good LB thru 6 so it's hard to stash a talented guy on PS. Hate to lose him but best wishes if he doesn't make 53

14 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

Love the effort. No way you can question it. The question is whether he has the talent to go along with it. I hope he does.

We will cut him and then he will go to 10 Pro Bowls with the Patriots. It's inevitable

22 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

When preseason starts he's practicing for 31 other teams.  We have damn good LB thru 6 so it's hard to stash a talented guy on PS. Hate to lose him but best wishes if he doesn't make 53

I only count four with Luke, TD, Shaq, and Mayo.  Everyone else is fighting for a spot.  I could see Ben winning a spot of this team.  Looking at his play with Clemson, we would be absolute fools to let him go play somewhere else.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

True, but your list has 2 middle linebackers. Puts Ben at a disadvantage. 

Shaq and TD need a backup.  I think last year Jeremy Cash played a role there, but there's talk about moving him to safety.  Whether they do that or not, I personally don't think it would matter.  I would put Cash and Boulware on an even playing field for the back up position. (Of course Cash has shown to be a good special teams player)

47 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Shaq and TD need a backup.  I think last year Jeremy Cash played a role there, but there's talk about moving him to safety.  Whether they do that or not, I personally don't think it would matter.  I would put Cash and Boulware on an even playing field for the back up position. (Of course Cash has shown to be a good special teams player)

47 minutes ago, Matthias said:

MLB and OLB are very different positions, as evidenced by watching Luke and Beason both be quite mediocre at OLB. Will be interesting to see how they use Boulware in the preseason but he seems like much more of a true MLB than anything else.

16 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Good to hear. 

Seems like we're pretty close to set with Luke, TD, Shaq, Mayo and then I think Norris & Cash are winning the battle for #5 & #6.  Keeping 7 LBs is not out of question, however, as last year showed, and if we're in good shape at safety & corner.  So while I think Boulware is likely headed for the PS, we could possibly keep him at #7 if he has special teams value.

I am really hoping (expecting) him and Armah to show out on ST this pre-season. They both seem to know that's their best route to the roster.

Archived