• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TIght End Chris Manhertz is rising the ranks

Jeremy Igo

Have been hearing that Chris Manhertz is getting some notice from the coaching staff this season. That third TE spot (assuming there is one) is wide open for anyone that wants to claim it. 

Manhertz had a solid first three days, a bit of a down day yesterday, but was no doubt the third best TE on the field today. Might be his position to lose at this point with Simonson playing lackluster. 

giphy.gif

Nice grab here. Solid D by Cash, just a better offensive play. 

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Good. Nobody has been any competition whatsoever for Dickson, so far. If Manhertz can block, maybe some of you will get your wish and Dickson will be the surprise veteran cut.

I'd be quite surprised if we only kept 2 TEs.  It's not outside the realm of possibility, but not likely.  So, I'd assume that it's Greg, Ed and #3. 

Agree with Jeremy that Manhertz seems to be having a better camp so far.  Yes, some drops, but also some good plays too.  I don't think I can remember reading much of anything positive about Simonson.

Jeremy, how does Manhertz look in blocking?

Also, how is Darell Young looking? Assuming he's a lock at fullback...

24 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I'd be quite surprised if we only kept 2 TEs.  It's not outside the realm of possibility, but not likely.  So, I'd assume that it's Greg, Ed and #3. 

Agree with Jeremy that Manhertz seems to be having a better camp so far.  Yes, some drops, but also some good plays too.  I don't think I can remember reading much of anything positive about Simonson.

Jeremy, how does Manhertz look in blocking?

Also, how is Darell Young looking? Assuming he's a lock at fullback...

Yeah, you're probably right, especially since Dickson does so much on ST's.

Archived