• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey vs Shaq Thompson - 1 on 1

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Scot always hedges his bets. Always.

Just acknowledging that I can't predict the future. We've seen lots of cases where camp excitement didn't pan out.

I don't believe that happens with McCaffrey. I think he's the real deal.

Still, I have to accept the possibility.

9 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Well if college film is any indication, he's shown all four characteristics on more than one occasion. Partly the reason I'm so hyped to see him in action:

mccaffrey7.gif.4f40dc7efe75f7ef9b76234464654d63.gif

In the above, watch how fast CMC is able to plant himself and switch direction. He drops his weight at an other-worldly rate of speed, initiating a near 180 degree turn. The defense is unable to catch up with McCaffrey's quickness.

mccaffrey10.gif.08a474844b6a8aff388f5b0d098e05b4.gif

Well the above just shows you how shifty and quick he is. Gains a lot of yards by making nearly four guys completely whiff by his quick pacing and change of direction.

mccaffrey14.gif.ce849e1de276235d0083eea8ba87da1e.gif

Acceleration indeed. McCaffrey begins by pacing himself, waiting for a hole to develop. When he sees the lane he likes, he bursts right through it at top speed towards the endzone. Defense had no chance.

mccaffrey16.gif.a614712921f1c47d9eabc7cd146eed87.gif

Watching him accelerate and burst through holes and making defenders look stupid is always fun. What's really incredible is how fast his legs look in comparison to everyone else. His strides are incredible quick and faster than anyone else on the field by far.

mccaffrey13.gif.7227d4ac99d1221a301f97bf67ec56a7.gif

Le'Veon Bell like in how patient he is when deciding his course of action. Watch as he paces and waits for his o-line to set up blocks and open up a lane. Once he sees the hole he likes, he doesn't think twice and jumps right through it. 

Describing him as the Luke Kuechly of the offense is no far cry at all.

mccaffrey15.gif.4331e8d9a64f3efc99fa762139d217db.gif

Again, watch him as he waits right behind his o-line and almost stands completely still. Waits for everything to develop and bursts through when he knows the time is right.

It's incredible, to say the least.

McCaffrey38.gif.5c961dc652a3256d5f6284215527764e.gif

Take a look at the play above. His instincts allow him to take over as he maneuvers himself through the chaos ahead of him.

Watch that one cut to the left in the middle as one of his o-linemen crashes himself into a defender. CMC feels the block and understands cutting the opposite direction will garner him a lot more yardage.

Just a few clips to get excited about.

Good stuff, dude.

What I remember in the clip we saw that accompanied Jourdan Rodrigue's "soul taker" tweet was that you could see he was aware not only of where the defender was, but also where he was going to be.

That kind of awareness and intelligence gets you places.

Archived